Louisiana Spearfishing Rodeos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrfish87

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The Louisiana Spearfishing Rodeo season Is getting underway this weekend. I'd like to invite all divers to participate in some good cajun fun. Here is list through June

Central Lafourche High School Rodeo this weekend
http://clhs.lafourche.k12.la.us/Rodeo/index.htm

12th Annual Aqua Aces Rodeo May 12-15 2005
www.aquaaces.net

42nd Annual Helldivers Rodeo June 2-5 2005
www.helldivers.org

Come on down to pass a good time in the Big Easy.

Nobody wants dive in Louisiana.....I know that aint true!!!

Me too!! My mouth waters when I check out the photos on the Hell Divers and Aqua Aces sites. The diving and derbies look like much fun. My kind of crowd...except that I'm about 2000 miles away. Someday I''ll go. Until then, I'll stick to stickin' California flatties. I liked the HellDivers Rodeo shirt, and might buy one when they go on sale.

Chad, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the HDR. Hope you can make the Aqua Aces Rodeo in the fuure. Happy hunting!!!

How would a diver not from the area, with no connections to a boat or affliations with a fishing club participate in a rodeo? Are charters easily available for single bookings, or are they reserved for groups?

check out spearboard.com

There are many HD over there and I am sure they would be willing to help you make some connections.

JustAddWater:
How would a diver not from the area, with no connections to a boat or affliations with a fishing club participate in a rodeo? Are charters easily available for single bookings, or are they reserved for groups?

There are very few scuba charters here in LA. Troy Wetzel and Al Walker are two that I know of. There is also a boat in Biloxi, MS that does Rig trips. Most of the clubs have members with boats that do most of the diving. But definately check out spearboard in the Upper Gulfcoast forum.....you will meet many contacts. I need a new engine for my boat so I will be hitching until next year unless I find the time to put it in....

Back
Top Bottom