LOST *proposal* DIVE SLATE @ the Cut, Whytecliff Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

savery

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Yesterday afternoon at Whytecliff Park my partner of many years asked me to spend the rest of my life with him while we were doing our safety stop! In the excitement that followed we dropped the slate he wrote the proposal on.

We were at 15-20 ft doing our safety stop at the bottom of the Cut where the rock rubble meets the sand. The dive slate is white, 8 inches long, with a movable black dial manual compass.

We looked for it until our air ran out, and we would go back to find it (scavenger hunt! search patterns!) but that was our LAST dive in Vancouver before we move. If you find yourself in that spot doing *your* safety stop, please take a look and send me a PM (private message) if you find it!

Cheers,
Stephanie

Whitecliff Park, Whytecliff Park, Vancouver, BC, The Cut

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 577
What a charming and surprising proposal. I am so sorry you lost your slate. I hope someone will find it and return it to you. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. :Kissy:

Hi,

Yesterday afternoon at Whytecliff Park my partner of many years asked me to spend the rest of my life with him while we were doing our safety stop! In the excitement that followed we dropped the slate he wrote the proposal on.

We were at 15-20 ft doing our safety stop at the bottom of the Cut where the rock rubble meets the sand. The dive slate is white, 8 inches long, with a movable black dial manual compass.

We looked for it until our air ran out, and we would go back to find it (scavenger hunt! search patterns!) but that was our LAST dive in Vancouver before we move. If you find yourself in that spot doing *your* safety stop, please take a look and send me a PM (private message) if you find it!

Cheers,
Stephanie

Whitecliff Park, Whytecliff Park, Vancouver, BC, The Cut

Congratulations to you both. What a cool idea for a proposal.

I will be sure to look when I am next there.

Make sure you email all the dive shops around Vancouver because that is a valuable keepsake you will want to have back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom