Lost camera!! :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjdavo

Registered
Reaction score
LOST CAMERA!!!

HI all, i was diving to the west of Portsea pier in Victoria today (3rd May) and lost my camera in the surge, vis was zero where we were and the swell was pretty rough, and despite executing several PADI approved search and recovery patterns we couldnt find it. The camera was a present from my parents so has some sentimental value, but apart from that it was an awesome camera! Its a Fuji Finepix F200 EXR in a fujifilm housing.
fuji-15851715-finepix-f200exr-underwater-housing-unit.jpg

If anyone comes across it, please give me a call on 0414857832.
Reward offered for its safe return.

LOST CAMERA!!!

HI all, i was diving to the west of Portsea pier in Victoria today (3rd May) [/B]

I can't help you out but I was wondering where Victoria is?

I would suggest that you post this in a folder associated with your geographic location, you might get some better results...

Good luck recovering your camera!

I can't help you out but I was wondering where Victoria is?

I would suggest that you post this in a folder associated with your geographic location, you might get some better results...

Good luck recovering your camera!

Australia...

Sorry to hear for your loss, cross your fingers...it might turn up on the beach. My son lost his glasses on the beach down there and they were found 3 days later! So anything is possible.

I can see how you could lose it. I dived there last Dec and the surges were at least 3m. Was a great way to get your focusing skills tuned.

I found a camera a few weeks ago but it doesn't look like yours. Maybe because I found it right off the north wall on Grand Cayman it is not yours.:D

I know the feeling,....... all too well. Last year in Malaysia I lost my camera outfit (Nikon L19 Coolpix, Ikelite housing & a strobe) whilst night diving. I tucked it under my arm to retrieve my dive light, went back to get the camera back in hand & it was gone.... searched for it for over an hour (until my air ran low). I had over 400 pictures on it,....:depressed:

oooh, nasty! its the pictures i miss more than the camera to be honest!

I've posted the loss up on as many scuba boards as i can find, this is a hugely popular one and lots of peeps in Oz use it so was hoping that someone would come across it.

I doubt its been washed as far as grand cayman, you can hang on to that one!

Sorry for your loss and I wish you luck in retrieving it.

This is a good time to recommend that we put a tag with our name and contact info inside our camera housings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom