Lost Camera, drinks on me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:dork2:So on Sunday I took my camera out of my drysuit pocket to shoot this huge orange peel nudibranch then forgot I hadn't put the lanyard on my wrist, let go of the camera and continued the dive. If anyone is diving with the seadragon on the "new" Bowen daymarker site I think it's between 40-60 feet to the left of the daymarker if you are looking at it from Bowen. Jan & Kevin know approximately where. I would be grateful if you find it if you could return it to me. It's a sealife reefmaster mini with a wrist lanyrd and no strobe. Here is a link to what it looks like. The camera is negative so it's on the bottom and the lanyard floats up.

SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - Reefmaster Mini

Thanks everyone

Stuart

Gee, I knew where mine was too...and it only took 8 weeks and 14 dives to find it again....I hope yours is easier!

Mike

Hey Stuart, I just watched my buddy's video from the dive where you lost the camera and there were two tiger rockfish in one frame! I missed everything as I was staring in the wrong direction like a dolt but I'm highly motivated to go back to this site asap. If you try to get another group going with the Sea Dragon as a recreation/search&recovery dive, i'd get in on that - I won't have a dive buddy lined up for a June dive but I've emailed Jan and asked when she might be going to that site again to book myself a spot - hopefully, because the site has both shallow and deep diving, the group experience won't affect the decision to go there or not. cheers,
Alex

Back
Top Bottom