Lost Camera at Spiegel Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffloughridge

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Kick me in the *ss and call me stupid...
:fail:

I was involuntarily separated from my camera on Friday morning, April 6, 2012 at the Spiegel Grove. It is a Sealife DC1200.

Should it turn up, the most easily identifiable pictures will be several from the Horizon Divers/Divers Direct Easter Egg hunt.

My contact info is below. If you find it and return it, I will cover the cost of a two tank dive at the Keys dive op of your choice.

Jeff Loughridge
703-303-6139

Bummer!
Best of luck getting it back.
Chug
Lost a particularly nice watch on that wreck.

Area of the wreck?

I was on the surface negotiating a line to the mooring ball to descend. We were attached to the ball on the port crane. I had it in my left hand and it was attached to my BC with what I thought was a substantial retractor. Seas were a little rough Friday and I think I let go of the camera to get better hold of the line with both hands. About 5-7 minutes later when at the wreck, I reached for the camera and it was gone. It normally floated above my left shoulder. All that was left was the clip on a D ring. With the winds and seas I considered it gone and finished the dive.

The DC1200 is positively buoyant, so it should have floated off somewhere.

Thanks everyone for your interest and assistance.

Jeff Loughridge

Think about posting over here:
Lost, Found and Stolen

In case someone finds it, they may check there before this regional forum.

Bermuda

I feel for you and know the feeling. Maybe both of ours will end up one day in the hands of someone nice and willing to reunite cameras with their owners.

Yeah, I'm guessing you're out on this one, unfortunately. With a positive rig like that it never got to the wreck... that sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom