Los Cabos Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vhs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone a recommendation for diving in Los Cabos, Mexico on the West Coast. I am looking for a dive operation and infomation on how it compares to Cozumel and Cancun. Thanks, Virginia

We dived Cabo, last September, with Manta Divers. They were great, very safe, organized and knowlegable, had new gear, etc. We had no complaints whatsoever.

As far as comparing Cabo to Cozumel or Cancun, there is really not much comparison. The diving in Cabo was okay and the critters were different than those in the Caribbean, but the coral and the color were not there. We had one dive where we had roughly 15' of viz at best. To be fair, this was shortly after one hurricane had hit there, and we had just had another pass closeby. We still managed to have a good time, see new fish and besides, the water was warm. We dived in skins the whole week.

Hope this helps!

I would look at Conquest Adventures. I just dove with them over the holidays for 3 days, and they were great to dive with. Not taking anything away from Manta (I have heard great things about their operation), but Conquest's yacht blows Manta's boats out of the water. Conquest has a 44' Pelican. Manta's boats were pangas. The guides and instructors were very safe and experienced. I don't know about diving on the Pacific side, but all of my dives were on the southern tip near El Arco, where the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez meet.
Conquest Adventures is a newer dive op in Los Cabos and their website isn't finished, but you can get some info on them at www.conqestadventures.com.
I am going to post my full review of them later, but I told Roland (one of the owners) that I would wait until his website was complete. He is a great guy. If you talk to Roland, tell him Ryan from the Scubaboard recommended them!

I believe I used Blue Adventures, dove at Lands End and Pelican Rock. Had to cancel the second day due to the Huracane (Ivan? can't recall, but we got out just before they closed the airport the next day.)

Mike

Hello divers;
We just got back from A week in cabo san Lucas.Water temp was 79. vis. for three days was 40 to 50 feet. Last two days up to 65 Ft. I have dove in cancun and Coz. Mostley good Vis. But nowhere near the amount of tropical fish you will see in Cabo.There was a school of makeral that was 60 feet wide and so dence that when you went inside it was dark.There was a sealion zooming through and came upon our group scared the s--t out of us both when we met.The wall below peligan rock is full of big sea fans hiding the most amazing collection of micro life I have ever seen anywhere.The sea lions colony at lands end hosts a large colony that are overjoyed to come in and play with divers.I like to see the underwater sand falls every time we go never the same.All the Dive sites are in the sea of cortez there are no sites due to the under tow and large waves on the pacific side.
as far as a Dive shop I have used all the shops there. Most were just average.we had one Bad experence with Manta and will never use them again.I have used Baja Dive the last three times there.New gear,DiveMasters with a lot of experence,And small groups 6 per Divermaster.They also showed me there new boat that was almost done.
Forty feet and wide and looks to me like it will be the best boat there.
Whale season is now also so you get two great activities.We saw three while we wre gearing up to Dive lands end.web site is www.baja-dive.net/

i dove cabo a few years ago and it was ok. we used underwater diversions (i think) and they were great. to be honest, the diving in cabo is not that great, but if you venture north up the sea of cortez you will find the water is warmer and the diving is far superior. i am thinking about going to la paz in october.

I had recieved an e-mail from someone that works and lives in the Cabo area. I deleted it, so if any of you sent an e-mail could you send me another message. I was wondering what is the possiblity of seeing a whale shark, should I attempt to book at Gordo Banks to interest the possiblity?

Back
Top Bottom