LOS ANGELES E-N-T

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

360GUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Out of nowhere (might be Covid-related), I developed, what appears to be chronic sinus congestion. Condition has been present for about 5 months. I do a nasal-rinse everyday, which has enabled me to BREATHE all day, with little discomfort, however, I can still feel the congestion. (btw - I've tried several OTC and prescription allergy meds, nasal sprays, etc., and, no help whatsoever)

Went diving yesterday, for the first time, since this issue began, and was unable to descend past 10ft. Equalizing had always been easy for me, however, this time, equalizing was IMPOSSIBLE. Absolutely no room to create air pockets, due to the congestion. Swallowing did not help at all. At 10ft the pain started, and that was the end of the dive.

Is my diving career over? I was thinking if I could visit an ENT, who specializes in DIVING, I might have a better chance of finding a solution or two. I live in Los Angeles and Puerto Vallarta. Might anyone know of doctor who might be able to help? Thanks so much.

DM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom