Los Angeles Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Any active SeaSigns instructors in SoCal region? I'm interested in learning.

You might check with Reef Seekers / Ken Kurtis. I seem to recall that Hal G. does classes - Ken Kurtis would know.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give them/him a call. I did check Reef Seeker's website, but there is no mention of it there.

Daz

Any active SeaSigns instructors in SoCal region? I'm interested in learning.

Some of us were all set to take this class a while back but now I'm thinking it would be best to go to adult school and take "ASL 101". It seems there is already a huge infrastructure in place to teach the deaf and those who have to deal with deaf. ASL classes and training material are widely available

The other thing about sea-signs is that it is a proprietary system with all the material coming from only one place. Because of this part I doubt sea signs will ever catch on widely with divers.

If you're an instructor or student and want to learn or teach SeaSigns, come check out our new website www.SeaSigns.com ! We have lots of new features for instructors and students such as online registration, downloadable materials, instructor search, online classes, Facebook and much more!

Come visit us and let us know if you have any questions!

Safe & Happy Signing!
SeaSigns

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom