Loop bungees, any ideas for adjustable two sizes adjustable system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThePimp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm diving sidemount with loop bungees on my Apeks kit.

I dive it in wetsuit, thin undersuit drysuit combo, but also very thick undersuit drysuit combo for my very cold dives.

For my wetsuit / thin undersuit drysuit combo, the length of the loop bungees can be the same...works like a charm.

However for thick undersuit drysuit I need them just a couple of cm longer.

As the loop bungees are made with knots, it makes them not easily adjustable, so I'm looking into ways to make it so that I can just shorten them, or make them a bit longer depending on the dive.

Any ideas please? :)

EDIT: the subject of the thread came out a bit funny :D

Thnx!

Any other ideas? Especially if they are without additions, on the existing holes where you thread the bungee.

After I had managed to undo the knot on my bungee using teeth, nails and a pair of pliers (to shorten them for a switch from alu to steel tanks), my new buddy, an SM instructor, advised me that the knots need not be tight at all. I have color marked the bungee just below the positions of the alu and steel knot, and its a matter of seconds to open and retie the knot (which functions as reliably as the supertight one before).

hahahaha had the same experience, my teeth did the trick eventually :D

but not a bad idea, I've also tightened them like hell, but now when you say it, there is no actual reason to have it as tight as that...as they are not there because of the knot, but because of an obstacle not to go through.

thnx mate!

Back
Top Bottom