Looks like we might have an increase in business.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are right on the edge of with Winter Storm Warning. 4"-7" of snow only 2000' above us.

Now we go from the boating and swimming idiots to just nutzoid drivers running the speed limits on ice.

Then we will get the ice fishermen, skaters, snowmobiles and kids driving cars on way to thin ice.

New batteries into the pagers and heat lamp in the CV.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
We are right on the edge of with Winter Storm Warning. 4"-7" of snow only 2000' above us.

Now we go from the boating and swimming idiots to just nutzoid drivers running the speed limits on ice.

Then we will get the ice fishermen, skaters, snowmobiles and kids driving cars on way to thin ice.

New batteries into the pagers and heat lamp in the CV.

Gary D.

In Idaho, you can put studded snow tires on in October! The last snow finally melts (in the valleys) by May.
Gary, you could always move to Palm Springs. :eyebrow:

I know the feeling, we own a towing and recovery business in northern minnesota. When the temp starts to drop, peoples common sense level seems to be directly proportional. After winching a jeep cherokee off of a guard rail, I asked the teenage driver,"going a little too fast?", No, I was only going 50. (tried to make a point to the kid, if he wound up in the guard rail, any speed was too fast) he didn't get it. A few months later,I loaded the same jeep up on my flatbed, the coroner loaded up the kid.

Rick Inman:
In Idaho, you can put studded snow tires on in October! The last snow finally melts (in the valleys) by May.
Gary, you could always move to Palm Springs. :eyebrow:
Bite your toung boy....... Like living 15 miles away makes a big difference. You usually get the white stuff first. Remenber, :monkeydan most of the storms come from the west.

hehehe

You should have seen the time I had getting the PWC out of the slip today. I would have stayed dryer if I had fallen in. :D

Gary D.

chris hecker:
I know the feeling, we own a towing and recovery business in northern minnesota. When the temp starts to drop, peoples common sense level seems to be directly proportional. After winching a jeep cherokee off of a guard rail, I asked the teenage driver,"going a little too fast?", No, I was only going 50. (tried to make a point to the kid, if he wound up in the guard rail, any speed was too fast) he didn't get it. A few months later,I loaded the same jeep up on my flatbed, the coroner loaded up the kid.
Very true but it still sucks. They just never catch a clue.

Gary D.

Oh, oh. My wife, reading over my shoulder, just said, you forgot to mention the crazy idiots who go DIVING in the dead of winter. :11:

Rick Inman:
Oh, oh. My wife, reading over my shoulder, just said, you forgot to mention the crazy idiots who go DIVING in the dead of winter. :11:
If she wasn't so sweet I'd say smack her one. :D and tell her the vis is better!

I got snow at the house last night but nothing stuck. Did you take a look at the hills?

Gary D.

Gary D.:
If she wasn't so sweet I'd say smack her one. :D and tell her the vis is better!

I got snow at the house last night but nothing stuck. Did you take a look at the hills?

Gary D.
Haven't looked yet (laying in bed on laptop), but I got a call from a guy I was supposed to take fly fishing on Monday in the mountains above Clarkia, He said, never mind.
Gee, looks like I'll have to go diving on my day off instead!! :D

Let the games begin!

Kayla:
Let the games begin!
Ah yes, the Winter Olympics for Dummies.

See how long one can drive the speed limit on Black Ice and stay out of a lake. The Swiss are the expected Gold Medal winners in both singles and team sport.

Norway is expected to take the Gold in jumping from one ice patch to another over open water while trying to drill an ice-fishing hole.

Jamaica will return with the bobsled but this year substitute a 1963 Chevy pick-up with bald tires. The course will be a mountain road above a local lake. Location to be disclosed at a later date and film at 11.

Italy will be the Gold favorite for the Frozen Pizza Discus. The have to drive as fast as possible from the store to a residence over icy roads around the lake.

Mexico has pulled out of this years games when they found out the Winter Olympics involved cold temperatures and an unknown white stuff on the ground.

A notice has been sent to all teams laying out the drug testing rules. Alcohol is ok because it makes the water feel warmer.

hehehe

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom