Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Konrad M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all!

I'm a marine scientist based on the Riviera Maya, Mexico.

For several years I've been helping collect data and working for non-profit organisations and university researchers globally. Recently I've been assisting and lending my expertise to several groups in Mexico, as Government funding is very low in regards to supporting conservation programs, and nonprofits can rarely afford to hire full time staff to monitor and maintain projects.

In this respect I've been doing what I can to provide the support needed to researchers and non-profits, which I see producing very valuable work protecting and preserving wildlife. With several years experience as a scientific diver and researcher collecting data on a plethora of wildlife, I'm in a position to support the field-work for several groups simultaneously, due to my experience and contacts here in Mexico.

I'm looking for companies, organisations, and individuals, with a passion for protecting wildlife, and environmental agenda to help financially support my work with these groups. As we all know the industry isn't the cheapest so to retain consistency in my efforts, financial backing is always appreciated. In return, I'm able to provide adoption opportunities for threatened and endangered shark and ray species, coral reef restoration structures, and all donors will receive articles and updates fortnightly about the projects they've supported, and ultimately, wildlife they're protecting. I'll also offer my services to donors arranging travel and diving here in Mexico, using my knowledge and wildlife data of the reefs to recommend the best spots for wildlife interaction, and join the dive to provide education on the biology of the reef system and its creatures.

I have prepared a manifest document regarding my work here, and what projects I’m helping collect data and manage. If anyone is interested in learning more about how to get involved and support my efforts, please feel free to contact me and I’ll be happy to discuss this opportunity further.

Warmest regards,

Konrad Madej
Marine Research Technician
PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom