Looking to hook up in Phuket/Similan arond 2nd week of Sep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatrick

Reaction score
Hello,

I'll be going to Thailand to visit friends and family in the next couple weeks. I plan to do a 3 days 2 nights Live abroad in Similan around the 2nd week of September: around Sep 6 to Sep 10 (3 dive days plus 2 fly days). None of my friends in Thailand dive. A few years ago I went down there alone. :( I wonder if anyone here look for a company to hang out and do some fun stuff while on shore. I can speak both Thai and English fluently. I'll be in Bangkok first and then fly to Phuket. I should have Thai cell phone number soon.

Patrick
34 yo male beginner diver (20-25 dives)

Patrick, do you have a boat that will take you out to the Similans in September? The park is closed until November, you know, so you may have to rethink your diving plans unless you've got some information about a boat doing trips during low season. I realize that there may be boats that cater for Thai divers that I wouldn't know the sailing schedules for, but none of the boats I work with have any scheduled trips in September.

Patrick, do you have a boat that will take you out to the Similans in September? The park is closed until November,

Hi Quero, thanks for info. I don't know that the park is closed until November :( No I have my own boat. How about the gulf of Thailand side? Does it have the same open/close schedule as Andaman Sea side? I only get to be in Thailand every other year. If I miss this trip, I'll have to wait another two years. :depressed: Just curious, where do people dive during the low season? Would it be worth it to fly to Indonesia to dive (only a few hour flight). Please advice.

Patrick

Patrick, yes, you can dive from the Gulf islands, particularly Tao, in September. You can also dive from Phuket. You only can't go to the Similans. We dive year round from Phuket (as well as from Tao), and we also have some low season liveaboards out to the southern islands and the Hin Daeng area during our low season. There's no need to go to Indonesia, though you certainly could do so. I love Bali in September, and Lembeh is a joy at that time of year, too, if you like the sort of diving that's available there.

I looked up Sep trip schedules from some dive ops in BKK-TH. They most seemed to have for Losin and Boarding port in HaddYai.

plan to do a 3 days 2 nights Live abroad in Similan around the 2nd week of September: around Sep 6 to Sep 10 (3 dive days plus 2 fly days).

For your future records, the "official" Similian dates per this Phuket web site are:

In rainy season, the park will be closed during 16 May - 14 November every year for visitors safety.

Last edited:
Hi Query,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately when I click the link in your post there is an error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error '80040e14'

ORA-00936: äÁèÁÕàÍç¡«ìà¾Ãʪѹ

/forestmain/np_globvar.asp, line 93

Attachments

• Picture 13.png
    Picture 13.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 66
OBTW, also..... I noticed that the "official government website" has many out-of-date pages, some dated last copyright in 2004:

© Copyright 2002 - 2004 Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation.

So, we also might not be getting correct and up-to-date information on the "official" web site either.

Hi Query,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately when I click the link in your post there is an error:
I tried to fix it. It works for me now--hope it works for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom