Looking to dive the Bahamas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nismo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to do an all inclusive in the Bahamas. Would like input on which resorts and operators. My wife would like to do one of the dive with the dolphins and I would like to dive the wrecks of the James Bond movies. No ieda where to do either of these and any help would be great.

Well the James Bond Wreck is in Nassau. I believe Stewart Cove does Dolphins which is in Nassau. I just came back from Freeport and UNEXSO does dolphins in Freeport. Sorry I can not help on an all inclusive however in Nassau.

Have fun

Don't think Stewart Cove does dolphins, so that leaves you on two Islands pretty far apart.
In Nassau I think there is a Beaches or Sandals, maybe both.
On Grand Bahama there is Wyndham Fortune Beach, not sure if there are other AIs there.
Have stayed at Wyndham and enjoyed it.

We went to the Bahamas in May. Stayed at the Rui which is an all inclusive, great place, did not have one complaint. Very nice hotel, about the same price at Atlantis but with food included.
I dove with Stuarts Cove, did 3 reef dives and 1 shark dive. The shark dive was awesome, it is a must dive. The other 3 dives were okay, but it was because of visibility, it had rained in the morning so the first two dives the visibility was only like 40 feet.

Boomo

I have been diving in the Freeport/Lucaya area many times. We vacation frequently at Viva Wyndham Fortuna and they have a dive shop right on the property. Not only have I enjoyed recreational diving with them, but I have taken several specialty classes and other PADI advanced courses...and always been pleased.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like more info!

A word of suggestion. If you find an all inclusive you like & decide to stay at, sign up for the diving trips ASAP! Some friends of mine got married & had their honeymoon in Nassau at an all inclusive. They didn't know to sign up early & The diving trips were full, so had to spend extra $ to go with Stuart Cove. Don't get me wrong They were quite happy with Stuart Cove & had a great time, they just wished they didn't have to spend the extra dough.

Back
Top Bottom