Looking to dive Indiana or vicinity June 29,30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaShaneVB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this is last minute, but I figured it couldn't hurt to open a thread. I also sent a lot of direct messages to local divers in the area to see if anyone is interested in diving this weekend.

Well long story short. I will be in West Lafayette, IN this weekend without a buddy, and I'm looking to go diving. The charter's I have contacted so far are booked out, or have no one signed up. Neither situation is good for a solo diver.

So if anyone is looking to dive any local quarries or lakes like France Park, Haigh quarry, or know of any charters that have room for one more- Let me know.

I'm really easy going, you pick the spot:) I'm willing to drive up to three-four hours from West Lafayette, IN to the dive destination.

I'm AOW certified.

Thanks,
Shane

---------- Post added June 27th, 2013 at 02:24 PM ----------

Update: I found a charter boat in WI that wasn't full!

However if anyone wants to dive somewhere in this region on another weekend feel free to send me a PM. I try to dive almost every weekend.

Given location, hook up with the Diving Den there in Lafayette. They have a dive club and dive regularly in the area. France Park in Logansport is the closest inland site. You also of course have the Great Lakes and this is the best time of year to get up and dive them.

---------- Post added June 28th, 2013 at 07:57 AM ----------

There are a number of Facebook groups that might be helpful as well. Indiana Scuba Divers (or maybe it's just Indiana Divers) is a good source of local buddies if you don't know folks already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom