Looking to dive in Mexico!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emarie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and pretty new to diving as well. I got my basic and advanced certifications last year in Utila, Honduras and fell utterly in love with the underwater world. I can't wait to continue with my dive master certification, and am hoping to take the course in Mexico. I am looking for advice on where to go-preferably on the Caribbean coast- if anyone has any advice!
Thanks, and I'm so stoked to be entering the diving community:)
peace- emily

I dove with XTC dive center in Xcalak about 14 months ago and saw that they run a DM and Tech diver school. Pretty cool little fishing village, at the ‘end of the road', on the Caribe coast with some very good diving without a lot of crowds . The only thing separating the Xcalak peninsula from Ambergris Cay is a narrow water-way through the mangrove swamp a mile or so south of the village. To my inexperienced eye, they seemed to run a professional organization with staff and students from all over the world.

You might want to look in the Mexico forum here: Mexico or one of its subforums of Cozumel (and where I live part-time), which is a VERY active area of the board. There are lots of suggestions there about dive ops, where to stay, food, transportation etc. etc. etc.

Hi Emily,

I actually used to work as an instructor in Utila for a long time. Just like you, that is where I fell in love with the underwater world and decided to pursue my dream of owning my own shop.

What is your objective in getting your Dive Master Level Certification? Are you planning on becoming an instructor? Or you just want to become a better diver?

If you are interested on becoming a really good diver you might want to research Technical and Overhead Environment training.

Let me know what your interests are and I will go ahead and recommend you to a great spot that will best match what you are looking for. There are great places here in Mexico!

DiveLife owns and operate 3 different divecenters in Mexico and organized Safaris with everything included around all the mexican caribe. Is very important the desition where to start your diving carreer, in Dive Life you could do an internship while you are visiting the best dive sites in the caribe and knowing different towns, but the most important is that you will learn from different kind of dive operations so your knowledge after the experience will be the best one. Hope to help you in the near future!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom