Looking to dive in MA/RI/CT early april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy1

Contributor
Reaction score
It appears that I may be going to MA for a week in late March / Early April. Are there any charters that run that time of year up there. I'm not having much luck finding anything via google. Any shore diving or local quarries to check out? I will be staying somewhere close to worchester, ma and I pretty much have all week that I could dive. I don't mind a drive, but the closer the better. I honestly wouldn't mind just a place where I could get wet and work on bouyancy or other skills, but getting in the ocean would be a plus. I have a drysuit / all my own gear.

There are three charters in MA that run year round, Boston Scuba, Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions and Cape Ann Divers. Boston Scuba is located in Boston and runs Friday through Sunday and needs three people to run. Cape Ann Divers runs Wednesday through Sunday and needs two people to run. Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions runs on the weekends and they usually are pretty full. All three shops/charters are top notch and each have their own niche. Boston Scuba hits the sights around Boston and they often run scallop charters. Cape Ann Divers caters to the recreational crowd and Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions caters to more of the technical crowd and people usually do one long dive instead of two dives.

Dive Charters | Boston SCUBA
Welcome to Cape Ann Divers! cape ann divers, cape ann diving, boston diving, scuba boston, massachusetts diving, scuba massachusetts, new england scuba diving, scuba new england, north eastern usa scuba diving, scuba resorts usa, boston dive boat dive , charters, dive boat boston, dive boat massachusetts, dive boat new england, scuba new england, north eastern usa scuba diving boat charters, scuba resorts usa, dive shop boston, dive shop massachusetts, dive shop new england, dive shop north eastern usa, scuba diving business trips, scuba travel new england, recreation boston, recreation massachusetts, recreation new england, water sports boston, water sports massachusetts, water sports new england, water sports north east usa, business travel scuba diving
Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions - Wreck Diving, Technical Diving, Deep Exploration

For shore diving, there is a bunch on Cape Ann, and Cape Ann Divers has a lot of information on their website.

Let us know if you have any questions! I also see that you have taken a GUE class, there is a group on Facebook of local GUE divers (MAUE Massachusetts Underwater Explorers).

In RI Giant Strides Dive Shop runs charters. There is also plenty of good shore diving in RI, feel free to contact me. I haven't been in the water yet this year; mostly because the weather hasn't been that great, lots of S SW winds that muck up the vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom