Looking to convert older Sea&Sea YS-50 or YS-60 to connect optical fiber cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bschulz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have YS-50 and YS-60 underwater strobes that I used with a Motomarine II camera.
Is there a way to modify them such that they become compatible with an optical fiber cable
trigger so that they can be used with newer digital camera housings without hard wire port?
I am experienced in electronic circuit design and building and can do such a modification myself.
However, I would rather not like to go into having to design the circuit myself.
I hope that someone has a solution or could at least provide me with an applicable circuit schematic.

Which ys-50 do u have ? (s) or (n) I tried this a while back with a Microchip Pic12F625 and the following circuit on a YS-50n... I based my circuit loosely on this one.... but the power supply can come from the strobe and i used an opto coupler instead...

Digital Slave Flash Trigger - Circuit diagram with PIC 12F675

i''ll try and find my circuit if u want... I was also thinking of reviving the project as i seemt to be more into Attiny chips now and it might make an interesting application for a Attiny13a...

Look at :-
www.devilgas.com - Converting a YS50TTL/s Strobe

Welcome to DigitalDiver.net!

TTL flash interface connections
heinrichsweikamp

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom