Looking forward to diving new Oceanic gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoshuaJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got my Oceanic Recession Buster package from LP a couple weeks ago, and will be diving at the end of this month at Clear Lake in Oregon. So far I've only dived SW, and in severely overweighted rental gear. Dive #1 will be all about weight checking and buoyancy. Like a lot of others have posted recently, I have trouble holding my safety stop unless I have a good reference. If there's another diver near me that I can rely on as a reference, then it's no problem but if I have to watch my depth guage and thats my only reference it's kind of tough.

I rented a tank for the weekend to test the setup dry, and I'm very impressed with the regulator. I like the adjustable 2nd stage which prevents free-flow at the surface, but once under water you can open it up all the way making for almost no breathing effort at all. WAY better than the rental gear I've been using!

The BCD fits much better, and I'll be glad not to have a magnetic octo keeper anymore.

Once I get myself a suit, light, and tanks I won't have to rent anymore :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom