Looking for wrist computer with specific display style/features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MedDive

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking at finally getting my own computer for technical/overheard environment diving, but I'm also wanting to be happy with its appearance.

I would ideally like a display that is very similar to Suunto's EON style, but with a reasonable algorithm and no lockout mid dive. I also want it to be a wrist computer, not a watch style for readability.

Being able to customize the fields that are displayed would be nice, as would the ability to monitor multiple gases and tanks (Including same mix tanks, if I do rec dives with my airhog buddies).

Is there anything that would meet these criteria, or am I just going to have to suck up the less than ideal look and few transmitters for Shearwater stuff?

Perhaps you just have to wait until Suunto upgrades the Steel to run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF as they have stated they will. Last I heard, may be this year, 1st half, we'll see.

Interesting 1st post

Perhaps you just have to wait until Suunto upgrades the Steel to run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF as they have stated they will. Last I heard, may be this year, 1st half, we'll see.

Hopefully they do. And change their lockout function, or at least let us change it in settings. The computers look nice, but just aren't worth the cost right now due to the issues with tech diving.

Interesting 1st post
What do you mean?

Hopefully they do. And change their lockout function, or at least let us change it in settings. The computers look nice, but just aren't worth the cost right now due to the issues with tech diving.

What do you mean?
Even if Suunto adds Buhlmann, no guarantee that they will change lockout for missed deco stop.

A more detailed and specific 1st post than most new members make

Even if Suunto adds Buhlmann, no guarantee that they will change lockout for missed deco stop.

A more detailed and specific 1st post than most new members make

Fingers crossed they will. If not, I suppose a backup computer will have to help with recovery.

I tried to look through all other topics and go from there to not annoy y'all by forcing you to try to guess what I'm saying.

@MedDive how many transmitters do you want to read and why? Also what do you not like about the Teric screen layout?

I'd like at least 4. Not all at once, of course, but able to switch between my two, and my buddy's tanks.

For the Teric, I don't like watch style, and it seems like the same appearance as the Perdix, just smaller.

If I was going Shearwater, I'd just go Perdix AI or NERD2 (I'd have to try it out first, but it seems like a fun toy to have).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom