Looking for Walter Kidde Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detsgtdavis

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a WK 1st generation model compressor but it is a little tired. Since I have owned this pump (several years now) it has pumped about 3.2 cfm due to some wear in fourth stage. With that said I am looking around for another compressor that I can use for parts to restore this one so I can get 4.4 cfm's or maybe a new (newer) Walter Kidde. Yeah I know it is not that much but I really love this compressor so I thought I would try to find some parts for it or look to replace this one with a newer model Walter Kidde.

If anyone has any leads on a Walter Kidde or one sitting around gathering dust and would like for it to go to a good home please let me know. I have attached a picture of the WK 1st generation in case someone is not sure of what I am talking about. Oh I am also heading out diving in the morning so I may not get back on-line for a couple of days.

Thanks

WKfront.jpg

Jim Sheldon is your guy. I think he has more of these than anyone. He most likely has repair parts for your existing machine and for sure has refurbished ones.

Thanks, Ray
Yes, I have parts for the slant cylinder (older style) compressors. I recently purchased 15 newer model Kidde's with stainless inter coolers -- some new factory units that were never put in service. I have tested 2-3 and they easily pumped to 5000PSI @ 4.2 CFM delivered. Because of this purchase I lowered the price of complete units. I will consider selling some bare compressors. For details PM me or visit my web site, <sheldensportinggoods.com> see pictures below
PA040035.jpgPA040034.JPGPA040036.jpg

Sorry for the delay in responding back but I had a greatweek-end diving off the coast of NC /SC. A guy has to have priorities.

Jim how do you find of these great compressor? It must beall the years you have in the field of selling and servicing them.

Those are very nice compressors and I like the idea of thestainless inter cooling. I know the used Walter Kidde compressors can run forever if taken care of, so if someone can get one of these they will be setfor their lifetime.

Do these compressors use the same shaft drive adaptors likethe older ones, so if I happen to already have one of your drive adaptors I could just purchase the compressor head?

Last edited:
Bill,
Yes they all use the same drive set up.
This last bunch came from the estate of a buddy that was buying them like I did years ago -- by the 4X4 skid. At one time I had several hundred of the units -- some very good and some very BAD. He would not sell them but after He passed away his wife needed to clean out a 50,000 ft warehouse. Several of us helped her and I found a bunch of the Kidde's. I only have one more friend that has a few, but He wants way too much money for them.
Jim

Hi ! Jim,
The second picture one has a special oil tank, what cfm rate for this head ? Can you please take more pictures as my reference. Thanks !

Peter

Peter,
The second picture is a 4.2 CFM kidde with the heads 2,3, and 4 which screw into the crankcase body. They have stainless cooling fins. These were driven with the 400cycle 28 volt motor.
Jim

Jim,
What the condition of this compressor head ? Have the 4 Stage head had attached with a dump valve ? Do you sell this compressor head in bare ? If yes what the price you will release it out ?

Peter

This model has never been put in service or repaired. Essentially new condition. $1000

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom