Looking for Vancouver Island dive opportunities late Oct

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good day, all,

I am Michael from land-locked Alberta. I will be in Victoria this October and would like to dive on Sunday, 25 October and Tuesday, 27 October. Can anyone recommend a dive shop for tank and weight rental? A boat ride to a dive site? Or, is anyone planning shore dives on those dates and wouldn't mind taking on an extra (me)? Any kind of dive would be fine as I have only doven (dived?) on the Canadian West Coast once, at Quadra. I would be willing to drive to a site outside of Victoria, say, in Tofino.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I am NAUI Advanced.

Hi Michael,

You shouldn't have a problem finding a buddy (for either shore or boat diving) on Sunday--there is no shortage of divers in Victoria. If you don't mind an hour drive or so (depends on traffic and where in Victoria you're staying) I could take you out for a couple of shore dives on Tuesday. If you've already visited Quadra, consider yourself spoiled however.

Sean

Hi Michael,

It will be great to have you here and I'm sure you'll find a buddy or two to accompany you on some great dives with this great forum. If not, we have a listing of charter operators and dive shops on cooldives.com

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes!?

There is at least one shop who does free, drop in, DM-led dives in Victoria on Sundays. Usually you can buddy up and go for two or more. "The Sunday Divers" are a group of Victoria-area divers, not shop-affiliated, who generally dive on...Sundays! Look for them on Facebook.

As for a Tuesday night, some shops do free, DM-led drop in night dives as well, but that's very subject to local demand.

Otherwise, PM me when you're in town if you like fabulous, easy (easy as can be in cold water) shore dives.

Cheers,
VI

Hi Michael, my name is Andrew and I operate Ocean Planet Adventures here in Tofino. We'd be happy to take you out for a couple of fantatic dives. Just give us a call toll free at 1-888-725-2220 and the rest is easy!
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

Back
Top Bottom