Looking for update on Caribe Blu renovation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marski

Reaction score
Hola,

Hubby and I are heading to Coz in two weeks. Just wondering if anyone has a recent update on the renovations. Thanks in advance.

My wife and I were there for several days around the 20th of january (one month ago).. they had torn up the tiles and front desk in the lobby and were getting ready to put down a new floor when we were leaving. everything was done on the 3rd floor where we stayed and one of the workers told me that all the rooms were done.
What a very accomodating dive shop next door, I was looking to do some freediving in the deeper waters with the scubadivers and they lined it up for me.. not a lot of dive shops will do that! They got my vote!

Marski:
Hola,

Hubby and I are heading to Coz in two weeks. Just wondering if anyone has a recent update on the renovations. Thanks in advance.

The top floor rooms are completely finished. They look very nice. They are still working on the first floor rooms and I am under the impression that second floor rooms will be done after Carnival...but please don't quote me on that.

I had friends stay in both the remodeled and the non-remodeled rooms and they actually preferred th enon-remodeled rooms. SO my point is, that even if you don't get one of the remodeled rooms, the accommodations are still fine!

The lobby area should be totally completed by your arrival.

The cafe/grill next door is completed and has great food at very reasonable prices. Open for breakfast and lunch.

I really like what they have done and what the future holds for Caribe Blu. They have done a nice job and also have a great staff!

Enjoy and have a wonderful vacation!

We have stayed there twice a year for the past 4 years.........we like the small hotel atmosphere. We are diving with Blue Angel for the first time and from what I have read we will not be disappointed. Can't wait to get underwater and away from the cold and snow!

They have completed 3 of the 4 floors--will not finish the 2nd floor until slow season.

Also have added a larger restaurant above the dive shop, and 55 dive lockers for guest use.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

How does Caribe Blu compare to Plaza Las Glorias from the comfort and amenities standpoints? And my bride's question: Can you put toilet paper in the Caribe Blu toilets?

Haha! I have a friend who always asks the same thing. Technically, they all request that you not put paper in the toilets. Our plumbing system here is not the greatest and things get backed up very easily.

Plaza Las Glorias and Caribe are totally different. Plaza Las Glorias has more of a larger resort feel to it, Caribe Blu is much quieter and has a small town feel to it.

The remodeled rooms at Caribe Blu have a rustic carribean decor and the non-remodeled rooms are just simple and comfortable. All rooms have private balconies, TV, phone, AC, room safe, and there is a small pool, small sandy beach area, small cafe/grill that has great food and prices, and thay have a small bar area where you can get beer and drinks.

I personally like the Caribe Blu if you want a quiet, comfortable, no frills hotel. However, if it was my honeymoon, personally I wouldn't consider Caribe Blu or Plaza Las Glorias...I would prefer something a little more upscale...but of course it is your choice. I wouldn't consider either of these hotels "romantic" although watching the sunset from the Caribe Blu is really nice.

I don't know if this was much help or if it confused you more...I hope it helped!

Hi Christi.

Maybe, I should have said "my bride of 35 years". :) So, the next trip to Coz will not quite be a honeymoon, though a bit of romance -- love among the ruins, so to speak -- is still quite nice if one can stay awake after a day of diving. The toilet question was a real one -- I know that situation existed at the Barracuda, but was not present at PLG, the Iberostar or the Occidental. I gather from your response that Caribe Blu is about on the Barracuda level -- which was fine with me, and would have been okay with her but for that one small point.

I have stayed at the Caribe Blu (or prior incarnations) 5 times now. Modest amounts of toilet paper flush just fine.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Val,

Sorry about that...haha! Well congrats anyway for 35 years of marriage! I would definitely say that Caribe Blu is upscale from Barracuda. If I was coming here for a dive trip, I would not hesitate to stay there. I've actually been known to stay there when my air conditioning was on the blink in the summer for a few nights...haha!

Wherever you decide, have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom