Looking for Travel Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Megan123

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there, I'm new to ScubaBoard and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice in regards to travel! Myself and my boyfriend are looking at taking a trip at the end of the month. We want to fly into Cancun, Mexico, and rent a car and do a few days in Mexico diving, a few days in Belize diving and a few days in Honduras (Roatan) diving. Has anyone made a road trip like this before? Any advice to give (places to stay, border crossings, etc)? :D

Welcome aboard!!

When making travel plans, drop on down to the local forum and you will get more inputs....check out:
>>>>>
Mexico and Central America <<<<<
Your trip sounds like a blast....hope it works out and feel free to share your experience on the local forum.

Welcome aboard.. If it is information you are looking for we have it in spades here
icosm14.gif

Hi, welcome!

You can rent a car and drive it as far as the border of Belize but you won't be able to take it across, as I understand it. However, that might be for the best because it is easier to get to the diving at Ambergris Caye by fast boat public transit from Coronal, Belize anyway. Once on Ambergris Caye and you are ready to go to Roatan, Tropic Air has flights to that Honduran island out of Belize City. Otherwise, it is a very very very long journey by land and sea. I know it seems like they are so close, it should be easier to do. A number of years ago, I did a back to back trip (one week Roatan, one week Belize) and had to fly back to Houston for an overnight before flying back down to Belize. Yes, there were other ways to take the trip at that time but they were even more convoluted, much less comfortable flights and cost more in time and money.

I'll happily provide more detailed info on the border crossing, the ferry to Ambergris Caye and then the flight to Roatan, if you are still interested in that plan. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom