Looking for the Toughest, Best Zippered Dry Suit Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Greetings,

My diving ( save for the Tropics ), is in shallow water ( 10'-30' ), where I'm searching for sunken treasures ( gold, silver, bitcoin etc. ), thus the wear n' tear on the suit is considerable. I need an armor-plated shell with an almost indestructible zipper and two xl side pockets that'll hold heavier items. My latest suit is almost 10 years old now ( Bare Trilam ) & is holding up, though my zipper failed today and it's zipper #2 for this suit. I need a new neck seal & cuffs as well. My plan is to buy a new one and have the old one repaired for backup.

I'll pay up to 3 g's U.S.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated - TIA

DSD

They all use one of 3 zippers...
Brass ykk
Brass heavy duty ykk
Plastic T-zip
What do you prefer?

get a suit with an outer "zipper cover"....
My current zipper has a zippered flap over it - it failed at the termination point at the hip :mad:

Greetings,

My diving ( save for the Tropics ), is in shallow water ( 10'-30' ), where I'm searching for sunken treasures ( gold, silver, bitcoin etc. ), thus the wear n' tear on the suit is considerable. I need an armor-plated shell with an almost indestructible zipper and two xl side pockets that'll hold heavier items. My latest suit is almost 10 years old now ( Bare Trilam ) & is holding up, though my zipper failed today and it's zipper #2 for this suit. I need a new neck seal & cuffs as well. My plan is to buy a new one and have the old one repaired for backup.

I'll pay up to 3 g's U.S.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated - TIA

DSD
Zippers are a wear item, I'd be pretty happy with 10 years out of mine!

Zippers are a wear item, I'd be pretty happy with 10 years out of mine!
No, my suit had two zippers in 10 years and yes, that's still pretty good, considering the amount of abuse I put it through!

Does anyone have an opinion on 4th element suits? Also, the DUI Premium looks nice, but pricey.

I have a DUI CF200x and it is one of the most rugged suits I've seen (at least mine has been).

My next suit is likely to be this one:

I've seen it and was impressed...

USIA is also one I'd be looking at...

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom