Looking for the best diving locations in Europe - Hints are welcome :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rapha

New
Reaction score
Hey boys and girls,
I caught the diving microbe about two years ago when i was in Corsica France, had a BEATIFULL guided dive. But now I wanne actually learn to dive mysel ::::)))))))
So i'm looking for a GREAT spot to go diving this summer in Europe.
Any good suggestions for nice locations and diving schools?
Remember: sharing your thoughts makes the world a better place :p

Greetz Rapha. :wink:

Anywhere in Italy. You were in Corsica. Capria island (Isola di Capria which you can see from Corsica) is awsome as is Cinque Terra (north of Pisa).

Try Elba island (Isola Di Elba) too. One of the most photographed wrecks in the world is there. And don't forget Sardegna.

Last edited:
I vote for Sardinia:

- endless list of wrecks
- endless list of caverns and caves
- nitrox, trimix and rebreather available
- viz usually above 100''
- temp usually above 70's
- great food, wine and beer

I still live in summer time there and love it

Best regards

Chris Karrer

I am an avid snorkler and free diver comfortable down to 50-60 feet. We are going to Cinque Terra -- staying in Manarola -- and I wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation on where to go with easy shore access (I screwed up my leg recently and have to be careful about it), whether anyone has dive shop recommendations so that I can get information, most important, whether anyone has information about how to link up with someone as a dive buddy there. Any info on viz and water temps would be helpful. Will have shorty, and will bring gloves and hood in addiiton. Will be there for 4 days starting October 16 in case anyone else is going to be there and wants company in the water...

Bruce Butterworth

Don't forget Sicily - some excellent dives out in Palermo. North of Catania is good too - drop down to see some old Roman columns that came from a ship that was wrecked there. Black coral and sponges down deep too. Shore dives and boat dives are available.

Malta has some darn nice dives too - good flora and fauna. Take some bread down to depth and feed the fish - they'll wait for you. Gozo is a great place to start.

Hi everybody!!

Also, a really good place for diving and also enjoying the time out of water is El Hierro, one of Canary Islands.
Very beautiful place and very preserved.
Diving in La Reserva Marina del Mar de Las Calmas and ohter places on the island is fantastic!!!
Tha temperature of the water goes from 19ºC to 25ºC and visibility is wonderful.
Big groupers, moreys, pufferfishes, big stingrays and even manta rays!! all diving from the boat, small groups and close dive points and once you finish your dives enjoy the sun and a frozen beer!!!

...hope see you there....

Mallorca has some incredible diving, Menorca, Ibiza and just over the water Murcia. When you are not diving there is always something to do, food is great and let's not forget the sunshine:)

For something a bit different, try the underwater archaeology sites within the national Marine Protection Area of Baia... link below! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom