looking for tea-dive-eat-dive-eat-rest-dive-eat-drink-rest-days in Thailand or Vietna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duikmiep

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
My issue: We're going to Asia last week of october + first of november and need a plan. What we would like to do: one week instruction in kite-surfing on a nice beach (me, I like to relax, read and watch people- he, full of action and plans to rule the kiteworld...) and one week of diving. Now Im looking for something specific in diving, as everybody probably does. I would like a diving spot where you can walk to the diveschool and point of departure, where you can meet all sorts of people and the groups aren't to big while diving (max 6 or 7?) and a little luxury (not over the top - only wealthy people can afford, but nice clean bed, a diveresort?, maybe a small pool with that? and good- good food)

We went to two fish at Bunaken (love to go back, probably will....)-Indonesia, Perhentian Kecil-Malaysia, Sipadan-Borneo (before, when you stay at the island), Polaris -Cabilao,Philippines. So we like the quiet diveresorts as well as the lodge on a beach where the diveschool is located as well. Usually its tea-dive-eat-dive-eat-rest-dive-eat-drink-rest-etc.....If you've been there, you know what we look for.... Anyone an idea what to do? Where to go?

After posting ive narrowed it down a little: How about a few days Khao Lak, Bangniang beach and after a short liveaboard to Hin Daeng. (Dont like stay on a boat to long.) Will that get me what I want? And avoid the big crowds? Or maybe is Phiphi what Im looking for. Oh no! Its to much to choose from!

And if anyone can recommend us a beach for kiting, in Thailand or Vietnam, please do!

Last edited:
Kiting can be done on Samui and for the diving I can recommend Koh Tao, especially during the April to October months.

Overall better dive conditons could be good to not so good at either side (Gulf <--> Andaman) during that time of the year. I would play it by ear.

Last edited:
Phi Phi sounds too busy for what you're looking at.

A short liveaboard to Hin Daeng is a good idea, as would a short liveaboard to the Similans be. In order to avoid much traveling time I would avoid daytrips to the Similans.

Khao Lak sounds like a good place to stay for you, but also Phuket would be with on the island also kite surfing. There are nice and quiet beaches on the island. It would most probably be a bit further away from the departure point of the boats, but with pick up at your front door that should not be much of a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom