Looking for tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why Faber's? I ended up picking up new Worthys for under $300/each. One of the local scuba shops had double 100 Worthys for $700, but that was last year, I am sure they are gone. Craigslist had a Worthy 120 for under $200, I saw it earlier this week. Good luck with your search.

I tried out a set of these tanks when I was in Florida. They are taller, thinner tanks. I am pretty tall myself, and I liked the way they sat further down on my back. I have never tried worthingtons, but if I'm going to spend the money for another set of doubles, I'm going to buy what I know worked well for me. I have a set of Faber 95's, but I don't like how short they are.

I am 6'-4", and the Worthys trim out very nice for me, but this might not be so for someone with a different build and dexterity.

I agree with trying out different tank. My tanks will probably be Worthy 120s or Faber 133s.

I am 6'-4", and the Worthys trim out very nice for me, but this might not be so for someone with a different build and dexterity.

I agree with trying out different tank. My tanks will probably be Worthy 120s or Faber 133s.

I rented a set of PST112's in Florida. OMG, they were huge. Way too big for me. I'm
5'9". I really liked the Fabers.

The only 112 listed on TDL is an OMS LP. I personal favor LP over HP under certain conditions, but will never own one. Any shop here can fill a HP steel. The Worthy 120 is a 7.25" diameter, and about 28" long, which is 4" longer than a Worthy 100 or 3" longer than a Faber FX100.

I am not starting a LP versus HP arguement, but I am assuming you are looking for Faber FX-100 which are equal to Worthy X7-100. If I had the money to buy the Worthy X7-120 on craigslist, it would have been gone by now, but I don't and have to pass on it.

I have a set of PST X7-100's but they're not lying around. They were strapped to my back this afternoon for the first time and they can be described as "SWEET". :)

Good luck with your search!

Back
Top Bottom