looking for tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lottinala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
well this weekend me and the son wanted to go diving and just so happens the shop in town has a class and all there tanks are spoken for. so after that i decided that i can see tanks in my future and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on a place to purchase some tanks at a resonable price. not asking for free but hay im like the next man if i can save a buck im in. thanks

Try Leisurepro. $140 plus $22 shipping for Catalina tanks, including valve.

Ebay, water sports, scuba, tanks, Bingo.

Doesn't your local shop sell them?

In my part of the world, used tanks are easy to come by.

I bought three Alum 80 earlier this year-out of both Vip and hydro-$25.00 each

Local dive shop sent them out for hydro, did vip and fill-$50.00 each.

I did upgrade one to nitrox ready-with fill of my choice-$50.00.

Total cost-$275.00 would have been slightly cheaper if I would have set the nitrox tank up first but that was my mistake, not the shop's.

So for less than the cost of two new tanks, I have three more.

This is assuming you are interested in Alum 80's, but similar deals are around for steel tanks as well. Good luck.

Wife can't understand why I needed three more. I told her I'm trying to corner the market. She's not buying it.

Russia is selling then by the dozen.....oh wait.. not THAT kind of tank, My mistake...

I always prefer to buy such things new so I know the full history of the Item. But that's just me. a tank that passes all inspections is just as good I'm sure. Ebay, maybe craigslist, if you are near a popular diving spot put an ad in the local paper...probably several used bottles in peoples closets around there that don't dive anymore.

could be a pricey venture, do a cost analysis first.

tank
refills
inspection
hydro

convenience vs renting (and making reservations in advance) :wink:

Keep an eye out here for tanks. Given your proximity to Florida, you should be able to find tanks within a decent drive at a decent price from other SB'ers. I got an HP 100 from an SB'er for a little more than half of a brand new one. I am happy with it and will be looking for two more one day soon.

Classifieds: Tanks, Valves and Bands - ScubaBoard

could be a pricey venture, do a cost analysis first.

tank
refills
inspection
hydro

convenience vs renting (and making reservations in advance) :wink:
i have to agree with you it would probably be cheaper in the long run to rent but the problem is i live in a town that has 350,000 people and it is a profesinal town so the number of divers are high and the shop here in town only has 40 rental tanks so when they have a class like this weekend they run out, i did go in monday and tried to reserve tanks but no go. im with you on the "is it worth it" because im not near any ocean only quarries but if you want to go you want to go but i do live about 350 miles from ocean so thats not so bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom