Question Looking for Suggestions for Dive Trip: Non-Diver Friendly and Caribbean/Central American

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick Star

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I recently returned from Roatan and am already fantasizing about my next trip. I went with my good diving friend, and our wives, who snorkel but do not dive, took a pass. Now we are looking to find a great diving location that is also snorkeler friendly and has other good activity options for our wives while we dive our brains out. We live in New England, so something relatively close, like Central America or the Caribbean, would be preferred.

What are some good options that offer great diving, yet things for the non-diver to enjoy?

Thank you.

It was wonderful. We stayed at Anthony's Key. I know they offer some snorkeling there, but I got the impression it was not great.

For somewhere different take a look at St Kitts.
Diving is great, a few good snorkeling spots and a whole heap of stuff to do on land.
Covid vaccinated is a requirement but all quarantine restrictions have now been removed.

If the snorkelers like outdoor type of activities to supplement the snorkeling, Curaçao would be a great location. If they prefer shopping and restaurant hopping, Curaçao is still a great location, just make sure you stay in the east.
Shore diving is fantastic, and there are a few boat dives that might be worth considering.

Erik

Super helpful. Thank you all.

I agree with Curacao.
Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

Grand Cayman sounds like an option.

Cozumel's a fun place.

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Bonaire could work.

My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire
8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends
2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites

A lot's changed since we hit St. Croix, and I don't know much about the snorkeling, but hey, (non-alcoholic) beer drinking pigs...how could you say no?
St. Croix Research Report Aug. 2017 - Trip Report - St. Croix Research Report Aug. 2017

St. Lucia has good diving and snorkeling. The island is beautiful as well as the people. Bonaire would be another choice with plenty of shore diving and snorkeling.

What kinds of activities besides snorkeling do the non-divers enjoy? My dive club recently did a trip to Cozumel, and they carefully planned it to appeal to both the divers and the non-diving spouses. However, my non-diving husband decided not to go, because even though the AI resort was nice and offered a lot of topside activities, none of that stuff was really how he wanted to spend his vacation. When we planned our honeymoon in the Caribbean, we worked with a great travel agent who asked us lots of questions about what we were and weren't into, and talked us through the decision process about where to go based on that. Especially if you and your buddy are planning to spend the trip "diving your brains out," you should think in terms of what your wives, specifically, enjoy doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom