Looking for SSI Nitrox Online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i don't know about anyone else, but i do not understand the question

i don't know about anyone else, but i do not understand the question
I am looking for a dive shop that sell the SSI Nitrox Online course. Preferably at a discounted rate. I have the course as low as $120 but the cost vary widely.

SSI sells online course that can be done remotely without a shop or an instructor? Is it computer nitrox only or fill nitrox with EAD and formula work? How intensive is SSI nitrox? What about analyzer training?

SSI sells online course that can be done remotely without a shop or an instructor? Is it computer nitrox only or fill nitrox with EAD and formula work? How intensive is SSI nitrox? What about analyzer training?
That is my understanding. Obviously, I have no experience with it, but from what I have seen that is the case.

That is my understanding. Obviously, I have no experience with it, but from what I have seen that is the case.

Why do you want the short cut without proper hands on learning of how to analyze a tank?

you cannot take an "online only course". when you sign up, you will be given access to the online materials. you need to go through all the material and complete the review questions. there needs to be an academic session followed at some point by a written exam. the academic session will vary on how "intense" it is depending on the instructor. obviously costs for this course can also vary from shop to shop just like all dive training. many people consider nitrox a no brainer type course and put little emphasis on how valuable the academic training can be. yes, there are simple rules to follow that should allow most recreational divers to use nitrox with very little planning. but if you are a diver who does multiple dives per day, pushes your limits, and/or if you intend to go further in your diving (more technical), then you need to fully understand all the theory as it is the basis for more advanced training.

Why do you want the short cut without proper hands on learning of how to analyze a tank?

Sorry I made this unclear, I was not looking for a shortcut. I was interested in obtaining legitimate Nitrox certification, I was looking for the cost of this course, I found a number of sites that offered Nitrox online from what seems to be legit certification organizations. Taking the class online is much easier for me schedule.

Is there a reason why courses offered by legitimate certification organizations would not be appropriate?

I don't want to post any shady urls, but if you do a google search for " online nitrox lessons" you can find on of the many providers.

Keep in mind as clearly stated in my bio, I am a newbie.

Thanks in advance for the pointers.

Sorry I made this unclear, I was not looking for a shortcut. I was interested in obtaining legitimate Nitrox certification, I was looking for the cost of this course, I found a number of sites that offered Nitrox online from what seems to be legit certification organizations. Taking the class online is much easier for me schedule.

Is there a reason why courses offered by legitimate certification organizations would not be appropriate?

I don't want to post any shady urls, but if you do a google search for " online nitrox lessons" you can find on of the many providers.

You don't get just an online nitrox cert. You have to do the online portion and then go into the shop for several hour session with an instructor, go over eLearning, and then learn hands on how to analyze/label a tank. If any organization is offering online learning only, it is not legit.

PADI, SDI, SSI have nitrox classes that are a combo of eLearning and classroom. You have to affiliate with a local dive shop (or one at a vacation destination) to do the class.

Legit and online only do not exist.

Who are these “legit” agencies?

Back
Top Bottom