Looking for spring straps for scubapro twin jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro_Freak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi people...i'm looking for spring straps for my scubapro twin jet fins. i've only managed to find a site that sells them but they are based in new york and the cost of shipping to australia is USD$40!!! That costs more than the spring strap itself. As such, i hope to find someone who sells them locally in australia. please advise...thanks!

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Printable/AQUEZT.html

p/s: the straps MUST have male side buckle.

NorthWoodsDiver:
your best bet would be to forgo the buckle assembly all together........................

I would suggest toward this as well. This will then leave you more options. I installed a Halcyon Spring Strap for a friend before and it works great. Just remember that the sizing of the spring strap will be different from that you will be using for standard Jets. You will need a longer one as the buckel seats are much deeper down along the foot pockets.

I got mine from www.spring-straps.com. Good quality with good price.

well u see... i have 2 major concerns. 1stly, if i use the conventional spring straps without the male buckle, i will have to remove the existing pin and that might affect warranty. Lastly, once the pin from the twin jet fins are removed, it's very very difficult to put them back in the event if i do not like the feeling of spring straps. It's my 1st time trying out spring straps...

Sorry, but that's wrong. The pins that hold the buckle on simple push out from the bottom up. They are a tight fit, but they push right up. They remain in the end of the buckle, only push them up enough to free the buckle. To put them back on is the reverse, simply put the buckle in place & push the pin down. This has no effect on the warranty, they're designed to be taken of for easy replacement if a buckle breaks.

The buckles are failure points. You're far better off going with a solid replacement & eliminating the buckles. The same springs that fit regular Jets fit Twin Jets, but they do need to be a bit longer in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom