Looking for someone to share a hotel with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to Cozumel by myself (wife does not dive) and would like to find someone to split a room with sometime in late May or early June in order to make it more affordable. I have not made any plans yet for hotel or dive op. If you are interested please let me know.

Try Hotel Plaza, Suites Bahia or Colonial for decent priced clean hotel rooms in town. An insta buddy diving is one thing..... Just my opinion though. The flight and diving are usually my biggest expenses but I do not stay in the fancy hotels.

Try Hotel Plaza, Suites Bahia or Colonial for decent priced clean hotel rooms in town. An insta buddy diving is one thing..... Just my opinion though. The flight and diving are usually my biggest expenses but I do not stay in the fancy hotels.
I was just checking out Suites Bahia and they seem decent and fairly inexpensive. And Tres Pelicanos has a package deal with them that is pretty reasonable. I may just do that.

Another benefit of Suites Bahia is that it includes the breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana. They start serving at 7, but fruit and coffee are usually out by 10 til. You would have about a 2 block walk for breakfast, but the buffet is really good. They change it up daily, but there are always the standards. We usually grab a few bananas, pears, or other fruits for our surface interval too.

One of our favorite bars/restaurants, The Thirsty Cougar, is across the street from SB. Christian and Abraham will treat you like your family. The best coffee shop ever is behind it, and Lobster Shack is on the same block as well for lobster rolls. I go to dive......but you gotta eat too!

If you dive with TP, or anyone else for that matter, make sure that the departure point and time works for you. Some pick up by boat downtown, some pick up at your hotel, some leave from their shop, and some require you to take a cab to the marina South of Town.

Blue Magic, Blue XTSea, and I think Dive With Martin all have Sleep And dive packages as well. Aldora uses steel 120 tanks for looooong dives and leaves from their downtown dock (very close to The Thirsty Cougar...how convenient)

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

Blue Magic does a great package deal with Hotel Plaza Cozumel. I will be there in April for the 3rd time doing this package. Hotel includes an awesome breakfast and Blue Magic is 2 blocks from the hotel. Just walk over to the dive shop after breakfast and they shuttle you to the marina and their boats. High Speed 6 pack boats. This hotel is one of the best kept secrets in Cozumel for value, cleanliness, location (downtown), roof top pool overlooking the ocean and sunset. Hotel price is inexpensive enough that if you can't find someone to share it with, it's still a bargain.
Cozumel Diving, Cozumel Scuba Diving, Cozumel Diving Packages, Lessons, Snorkeling, Blue Magic Scuba
Hotel Plaza Cozumel - Cozumel - Mexico

I just stayed at Hotel Mary Carmen last week for 20 dollars a day plus taxes. It came to 200 dollars for the week. I stayed at Suites Bahia and Plaza Cozumel also and the rooms were nicer at Mary Carmen. Recently painted, new furnishings, with nice decorations, and super clean. Breakfast was better at the other two places though but what they gave you at Mary Carmen was good enough for me.

Thanks for the replies. You were all correct in that there is cheap enough lodging available that I don't really need to seek a room mate. I appreciate everyone that commented.

I was just checking out Suites Bahia and they seem decent and fairly inexpensive. And Tres Pelicanos has a package deal with them that is pretty reasonable. I may just do that.

We did Suites Bahia and Tres Pelicanos last year. SB is very clean with very big rooms. You'll have plenty of time to eat at the Casa Mexicana buffet and get to the dive shop for transportation to the boat it you get to the buffet when it opens. I second all of the above locations Jay mentioned to eat at. I'll also mention that the Taco place right next door to Suites Bahia has 2 for 1 tacos on Tuesday which are pretty decent. Also if you really want to save you can walk a few blocks away to Mega and buy your groceries for the week since you have the kitchen.

Enjoy your trip. You won't be disappointed diving with TP.

I just stayed at Hotel Mary Carmen last week for 20 dollars a day plus taxes. It came to 200 dollars for the week. I stayed at Suites Bahia and Plaza Cozumel also and the rooms were nicer at Mary Carmen. Recently painted, new furnishings, with nice decorations, and super clean. Breakfast was better at the other two places though but what they gave you at Mary Carmen was good enough for me.
That is good to know. I had heard mixed reviews, the lobby looks good when you walk by. I talked to someone who was staying there earlier this month and I thought he said he was paying $35 a night. Did you book in advance to get that rate? Is there a place to dry a wet suite there?

That is good to know. I had heard mixed reviews, the lobby looks good when you walk by. I talked to someone who was staying there earlier this month and I thought he said he was paying $35 a night. Did you book in advance to get that rate? Is there a place to dry a wet suite there?
I booked through Orbitz to get that price and booked 4 days before arrival. I hung my wetsuit in the courtyard to dry without any issues.

Back
Top Bottom