Looking for SF Bay Area SSI Dive Master / Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First post. greetings!

My family (wife and two sons) were recently SSI open water certified. I'm 42 and fully regret not having pulled the trigger on this goal earlier in life.. but now that both my two sons and wife are now Open Water Certified as well, we want very much to continue our instruction and build new connections and friends here and abroad.

We all caught the bug. We were lucky to have been be able to spend a great deal of time in French Polynesia (Moorea) diving almost every day - with more complex dives each day. I'm so proud of my family. (and a special shout out to Stéphane and Diane at Moore Blue Diving for advancing the training out our pace... not taking it easy... but not ruining the experience). All in all, we took it slow and completed the book / online work and the dives in three months - as a family. What an experience!

?temp_hash=141b68684788694825864550fbdf2f4b.jpg

So now we're home in the San Francisco Bay Area and it's "Use it or loose it." We all need to get back in the water. Soon! I'm the only one at my gym swimming lap-after-lap in the pool... with fins... mask, and a snorkel. The guy in lane 2 is starting to look at me funny/

I've done some research, shot a few emails out - but haven't been able to connect with a dive master / SSI instructor anywhere from Monterrey north to Bodega Bay. We're looking to pick up where we left off. Get some colder water dives in. Grow on the foundation we have. Most of all, begin to create a family of friends here - in the Bay Area - as we were blessed to do have been able to create in Moorea.

Would love, and very much would appreciate any suggestions on how to pick up where we left off. Please reach out if you have any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 85
Bamboo reef in SF is an SSI Scuba center. You may want to check them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom