Looking for Scuba Pro or Equivalent SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
Howdy all....

I am ditching (Read: Selling) my Vyper console that contains one of my two vypers, spg and compass.

I'm going to keep the second Vyper for redundancy and am going to start looking for a good SPG and compass.

I'm going to scrounge the eBay/used market initially and am wondering what a used SPG should be going for.

Anyone keeping an eye on the used market that could illuminate my spg shopping?

Thanks,

Windknot

p.s. I guess I should mention the wrist compass as well....

Unsure as to which kind is best....MY LDS says thier's is best, but am considering ALL options.

Windknot,

I scored about $50 for my empty Suunto console with just the compass left on the end of it on eBay about 6 months ago, kept the SPG, and moved my Octopus II to wrist mount (which has since been replaced but that's another story). Might be a course of action you could take. All I had to do was buy a wrist compass (got the Suunto SK-6 but would get the SK-7 if I had to do it again), which was cheaper online than what I got selling the empty console. So you should be able to do it without spending any extra money at all.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom