looking for S&S ys-01 tech/repair manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ponomo1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a pair of used but well kept S&S ys-01 strobes and I want to make them 100% ready for my upcoming trip in June. One of them seems to work perfectly but the other one does not have a working "focus" light. I'd like to disassemble it but I would be more comfortable if I had the tech manual first so I can see the assembly blow ups and the associated parts in the housing and circuit. I've scoured all over google and even though I see it mentioned here and there, I just can't seem to locate a hard copy.
Let me know if you can help me with this or if you can point me in the right direcion. I've pretty handy and I have a ton of tools. I pretty much already do all of my own maintenance and repair on most things so I think I may be able to fix this also.

Thanks
Pete

Can't help with the repair...but, why bother? It's not like they are useful. Never use them on mine. You don't want to 'point' your strobes at the subject.

Good Luck. I don't think that you will be able to find one easily and I am not sure that S&S ever produced an english version. It isn't too hard to take apart (there are no glue seals for example) but if it is only the focus light, I agree let it alone.

Bill

Yes, I understand that. Have a bit of that kind of DIY/OCD myself. Thie risk:reward ratio for this intervention isn't in your favor.

Good Luck. I don't think that you will be able to find one easily and I am not sure that S&S ever produced an english version. It isn't too hard to take apart (there are no glue seals for example) but if it is only the focus light, I agree let it alone.

Bill
Agreed. I have never seen a tech manual for any s&s product.

All S&S strobes are easy to disassemble. The screws are covered with a thin sticky plastic disk. Pry off the disk using a pick and then unscrew, then pry the 2 halves apart. From pics it looks like the ys01 has 2 screws on each side.

Make sure you discharge the strobe's capacitor first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom