Looking For Red Sea Liveaboard & Egyptian Ruins Sea/Land Trip For 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HolyDiver54

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am a solo diver looking to head to one of my bucket list destinations in 2022. Namely, a liveaboard dive trip to the Red Sea for a wreck and shark experience and to take in some of the ruins of ancient Egypt. Most of the trips I have seen advertised include a Nile River cruise which holds no interest for me. I would like to go as a tag-along on a group trip that is open to that. So if you are participating in a group trip or are aware of one that meets the criteria I previously mentioned, please drop me a line here. FYI I am in my early 60s, married to a non-diver, have approximately 150 dives under my belt and certified as a Rescue Diver by NAUI.

Thank you.

@HolyDiver54

What are you looking to get out of the non-diving part of your trip, Cairo, Luxor, other sites on the Nile to Aswan, Abu Simbel? How much time are you going to spend? Where will your liveaboard be based? Have you thought about flights yet?

Just as an example, Aggressor has side trips to Cairo or Luxor in addition to their Nile cruise Aggressor Travel | Aggressor Adventures™

I am flexible up to the point of diving with the Aggressor fleet. They do a fine job based on my experience with them in Belize. However, they are a bit pricey compared to the competition in the Red Sea area.

they are a bit pricey compared to the competition in the Red Sea area.

In Egypt you get what you pay for.

If it's your first time to the country then it will be a learning experience, just don't raise your expectations. I'm not sure that I'd bring a non-diver partner on a LOB.

Hello,

I am a solo diver looking to head to one of my bucket list destinations in 2022. Namely, a liveaboard dive trip to the Red Sea for a wreck and shark experience and to take in some of the ruins of ancient Egypt. Most of the trips I have seen advertised include a Nile River cruise which holds no interest for me. I would like to go as a tag-along on a group trip that is open to that. So if you are participating in a group trip or are aware of one that meets the criteria I previously mentioned, please drop me a line here. FYI I am in my early 60s, married to a non-diver, have approximately 150 dives under my belt and certified as a Rescue Diver by NAUI.

Thank you.

The "Nile Cruise" offered by the Aggressor organization is an ideal way to "take in some of the ruins of Ancient Egypt", at least for the Luxor to Aswan/Abu Simbel leg. It's a fabulous trip. Aggressor coordinates this cruise with their LOB itineraries. Currently, I've seen some discounted prices for some of their itineraries. What bugs me about Aggressor is the ripoff prices for land connections that link their LOB to their Nile Cruise, or their Nile Cruise to their LOB. But the option exists to plan/negotiate your own transfers--but those plans must be in place in advance of travel. Domestic land travel for tourists in Egypt is closely regulated by the government.

Not too many non-divers on liveaboards......over the years (and dozens of liveaboards) I've seen 2.

Back
Top Bottom