Looking for recommendations for Tahiti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deaf diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Im going to FP for 3 weeks Dec and Jan
Doing the Master liveaboard for10 days. I have another week on the tail end and looking for recommendations on what to do

Curious as well. I have a 1-week Moorea trip (freediving) booked for September and padded it with two days on each end.

Curious as well. I have a 1-week Moorea trip (freediving) booked for September and padded it with two days on each end.
Im doing a tiger shark dive on the front end of my trip with Fluid Dive... It was highly recommended

Definitely try to get to Fakarava South. If in Tahiti definitely dive the Vallee Blanche site. Plenty of other nice things to do on Tahiti and Moorea, aside from the diving.

Definitely try to get to Fakarava South. If in Tahiti definitely dive the Vallee Blanche site. Plenty of other nice things to do on Tahiti and Moorea, aside from the diving.
Hi,
I have a few days to spare before and after liveaboard. My options are Papeete, Moorea, Fakarava, Rangiroa do you have recommendations for one or two? I want to enjoy scenery and one day swim with humpback.

Hi,
I have a few days to spare before and after liveaboard. My options are Papeete, Moorea, Fakarava, Rangiroa do you have recommendations for one or two? I want to enjoy scenery and one day swim with humpback.

Well that depends really where you LOB leaves from and where it’s going. But if you are doing the tuamotos you will dive rangiroa and both fakarava north and south. As I understand, the best place to see humpbacks is from Moorea. It’s a beautiful island also for hiking and hanging out.

I’ve heard lots of people don’t like Papeete. I really liked it though, plenty of things to do and places to go. We loved the vallee Blanche dive and there are probably some other good sites. However the diving is generally not as amazing as the tuamotos. I wish we had had a few more days on Papeete to be honest, as we would have like to go watch the surfing and do some hiking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom