Looking for parts for a Deep Sea Supply wing, broken valve part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamikey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After 15 years but not many dives, I picked up the wing to inspect my gear and these parts snapped off with almost no effort. Everything else looks to be in good condition, I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement for the threaded plastic part which holds the inflator tube and exhaust valve to the bladder.

0404211635.jpg

0404211636.jpg

0404211636a.jpg

I'd imagine it is a standard size inflator hose connector. I'd suggest you contact Dive Gear Express or Piranha to see if they can confirm they have the part(s) you need. My bet would be they do. I'd just replace the entire inflator hose assembly. All you'd need to confirm is that it will screw onto the base that is attached to your DSS wing.

Parts and Components

Bc Parts & Service Tools Piranha Dive Shop |

EDIT - My bad. I didn't look at the photos well enough. That is your exhaust valve. They can help you with that too.

I'd imagine it is a standard size inflator hose connector. I'd suggest you contact Dive Gear Express or Piranha to see if they can confirm they have the part(s) you need. My bet would be they do. I'd just replace the entire inflator hose assembly. All you'd need to confirm is that it will screw onto the base that is attached to your DSS wing.

Parts and Components

Bc Parts & Service Tools Piranha Dive Shop |

EDIT - My bad. I didn't look at the photos well enough. That is your exhaust valve. They can help you with that too.
I need them both, they both broke in the same way.

Hanging from the BP webbing, and partially inflated, in a typical room.
Inside house room, I take it? Sometimes the problem is caused by long exposure to light and/or ozone and/or gasoline fumes, so stored in a garage or a basement (like near the furnace or A/C unit) is problematic.

Were you able to find /change this out easily? I just found the same break on my system and have an overseas trip leaving in a couple weeks.

I’m trying to decide if I should just buy a second rig and deal with it when I get back.

QUOTE="scubamikey, post: 9361999, member: 48111"]After 15 years but not many dives, I picked up the wing to inspect my gear and these parts snapped off with almost no effort. Everything else looks to be in good condition, I was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement for the threaded plastic part which holds the inflator tube and exhaust valve to the bladder.

View attachment 656965
View attachment 656966
View attachment 656967[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom