Looking for New Underwater Camera - Ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ks18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I currently own the DC800 and am looking to get something new. I like Sealife but the burst mode is way to slow. Most of my photos come out blurry.

So I am looking for a digital camera that has an underwater mode, has a high Frame Per Second and obviously takes great photos underwater. I don't really want to get into the DSLR's since the housing are $1,200 alone.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading reviews for the past two weeks but would like input from the people who actually use them.

Thank you everyone and happy diving.

I currently own the DC800 and am looking to get something new. I like Sealife but the burst mode is way to slow. Most of my photos come out blurry.

So I am looking for a digital camera that has an underwater mode, has a high Frame Per Second and obviously takes great photos underwater. I don't really want to get into the DSLR's since the housing are $1,200 alone.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading reviews for the past two weeks but would like input from the people who actually use them.

Thank you everyone and happy diving.

Well i use the Intova IC 800 8.0MP and i have the Intova Slave Flash 2000 and the other stuff which is not necessary if you do not buy the flash. I spent over $1,000.00 at the dive shop on camera stuff alone i love this camera i have taken some amazing pictures which i added in! I am going to sell my IC800 even thought its outdated and buy a IC12 the new Intova IC12 is a 12MP Camera lol should come out by the end of June.

Lizard Fish off the Coast of South Florida V
PICT1284.jpg

A Branched Frogspawn coral in my fish tank V
PICT4529.jpg

Those are some of the few pictures i have taken with this camera i have to say its a amazing camera but its LCD screen is not the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom