Looking for new light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snippys

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a good primary light for my sister for diving in Seattle. Looking to spend around $300. She doesn't want a canister thought about getting her a used one. looked at the Salo but saw the burn time on high is only 70 min. any options would be helpful.

I originally bought an Underwater Kinetetic C4 eLED as my primary for night dives and wrecks. I like the smaller size and it is nearly the same brightness as the C8.

Underwater Kinetics C4 eL.E.D. Dive Light 19050 with reviews at scuba.com

I also just bought the Tovatec 220 lumen flashlight. My instructor used it for our night dive as his primary. I was looking for something smaller for travel. I've had one dive with it and it does light up the cracks but have not yet had the chance to use as a primary for night dives.

Tovatec by Intova 220 Lumens Tactical Torch ITAC

You can get a UK Light Cannon eLed for around $200 now. 825 lumens. Underwater Kinetics Light Cannon eLED with Pistol Grip

I use Dorcy Penetrater's as my primary (only) lights. Penetrater 220, Piranha Dive Manufacturing They're 220 lumens, metal, twist on/off and cost $43 at Piranha Dive Mfg. I used the same set of 6AA batteries on 5 consecutive night dives. The only person with a brighter light on the boat was my buddy with his C8 eLed and a woman with a Princeton Tec Shockwave - that one was bright. Princeton Tec, NEW 400 Lumens Shockwave LED Dive Light But both were much bigger and needed bigger batteries. Several people on the boat asked about my light as they noticed the brightness also and planned to buy one. I carry two - one in my bc pocket.

DRIS has a 1000 lumen light for under $100 also. IDK anything about it. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hot-deals/420609-1000-lumen-dive-light-sorry.html

I use UK SL4 eLED's...Burn time is 10hrs...Or she can try the SL3 eLED...Burn time 30+ hours.......I like the SL4 eLED better for the switch......The SL3 eLED has a 'twist' on/off which is annoying if you mount it w/a 'back-hand' light holder.....Go to Leisurepro.com, they have a good selection of many brands........I like the UK's for their longer burn times...but stay w/LED's, they're more durable

I'm looking for a good primary light for my sister for diving in Seattle. Looking to spend around $300. She doesn't want a canister thought about getting her a used one. looked at the Salo but saw the burn time on high is only 70 min. any options would be helpful.

I would say Archon D20 is a good choice: Casco Antiguo | Tienda Online FOCO LED D20 1000 LUMEN . it's below 150 euro, the burning time is 110 min on high, 420 min on low. The manufacturer links is here: ARCHON

BackUp Tec XML mini body from tecdivegear.com

Its small pocket rocket for a light, uses lipo 18650 cell. Outpowers most dive lights, has a 6d beam as well. Great for the waters up here in Seattle. I carry one for a backup now against my cannister light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom