Looking for Marine Biologists for Instructional DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MusicCity

New
Reaction score
Hello.

I am a producer in Nashville. I am originally from Northern Florida along the Gulf Coast.

Please forgive me for invading this message board but we are searching for marine biologists who may be interested in giving 'color commentary' for an instructional DVD to be distributed nationally.

We are planning an instructional DVD on the proper care of land hermit crabs targeted to the general public.

We feel this is something that is important due to land hermit crabs being so popular across the US. We are saddenned that so many of these wonderful creatures die in homes because of a lack of knowledge and conflicting information the general public has. We would like to see families receive the proper knowledge of caring for them.

We know that countless kids will become interested in marine biology as a profession to being introduced to the science by having hermit crabs as pets.

I am also an enthusiast and have a happy habitat of 22 hermits at the time with three species. Some of them are quite large specimens. I have been keeping hermits for many years. I spent my childhood camping along the gulf coast of Florida and spending a lot of time all over the area when places such as St George Island, Cape San Blas, Alligator Point and Panacea were still quite unvisited. I feel this will help preserve a part of nature in some way.

What we are wanting is not deep technical information. We are looking for 'color commentary' about hermit crabs by marine experts such as yourself. It would not take much time and would be fun to participate in. We would then bring back the footage for editing along with the footage of a professional host explaining all aspects of hermit crab care and interesting information.

We are wondering if there is any of you or someone you know who would be interested. We plan to shoot interviews of marine experts on the subject of hermit crabs around the end of September 2005 along the Florida Gulf Coast from Panama City to Panacea. If you are also based in the Middle Tennessee area and are interested, we would love to hear from you.

If you are interested, know other marine biology experts who may be interested or any hermit crab enthusiasts in the Northern Florida, Central Alabama or Middle Tennessee area who would like to show off their habitats, please email me by going to www.TonyRollo.com and click on the "contact" link.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Back
Top Bottom