Looking for Lodging suggestions in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello

Looking for Lodging suggestions in and or around Key Largo? Looking at middle to end of Feb 2021. Just a single bedroom, but finding what I think is still high pricing. Open to campers, Boats, Condo's, Motels. I just do not know the area.

Thanks

Cheapest option I know of is:

The Floridian in Homestead, FL. I think it's like $40 to $60 per night. It is clean with great breakfast. But I would never take my wife there. It's between 30 and 45 to Key Largo by car, depending on what road you take.

I'll be diving in Key Largo in a couple of months and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and diving with Rainbow Reef.

Cheapest option I know of is:

The Floridian in Homestead, FL. I think it's like $40 to $60 per night. It is clean with great breakfast. But I would never take my wife there. It's between 30 and 45 to Key Largo by car, depending on what road you take.

This is what we do, stay in Homestead for cheap...and I do take my wife there:)

We never spend time at the place, just to shower / sleep. Both having lived in Baltimore for a bit Homestead FL is a cake walk. As long as it's clean we don't care.

Our last place did have a guard that sat out at the entrance all night....so there's that I guess.

I'll be diving in Key Largo in a couple of months and I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and diving with Rainbow Reef.
I used to stay at the Holiday Inn and dive with Ocean Divers fairly frequently, before they were bought by Rainbow Reef. Very convenient location for RR, same canal. I have also stayed at the Marriot Courtyard and Marina del Mar in the same area, both were just fine. Sharkey's Pub/Galley Restaurant are right down the canal, next to one of the RR locations, good food, reasonable prices, still the best fish tacos I've had :)

I used to stay at the Holiday Inn and dive with Ocean Divers fairly frequently, before they were bought by Rainbow Reef. Very convenient location for RR, same canal. I have also stayed at the Marriot Courtyard and Marina del Mar in the same area, both were just fine. Sharkey's Pub/Galley Restaurant are right down the canal, next to one of the RR locations, good food, reasonable prices, still the best fish tacos I've had :)

What he said is 100% accurate. Rainbow Reef is now on both sides of the key. Marina del mar IIRC seemed a little 'dated'? HI and MC are both great options. Very convenient. Divers direct is around the corner, and good food close by. Don't miss Mrs. Mac's! Saw a manatee in the key last time I went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom