Looking for large wheelie divebag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm going to hit the road (or the waters) for an extended period of time and need a bag that is easy to pull around and will accommodate A LOT of things (basically, I'll be living out of it).

So I'm after a dive bag with wheels with retractable handles and ideally, pockets.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Louie

Look on eBay. There are usually quite a few bags out there, and the prices are good, especially on used ones.

Check out good sporting goods stores (not just dive shops). Many have very good bags with wheels & collapsing handles built to take the abuse of sports equipment.

A local one here offers a large bag -- that would carry scuba kit with 3ml and a small amount of street clothes -- at considerable less than a "name brand scuba" bag. That way you get what you want, without a label that screams I've got scuba kit.

The only caution I would have, is to toss in a couple of large rubbish bags to tuck your wet stuff in until you can hang it out to dry.

I've just bought a new Mero whicht have everthing you arsked for + backpack straps. If you can get along without wheels and only go with the bach pack solution there also the North Face things in several sizes. They are very durable and is not obivious dive gear. Some of my dive buddys are using them and are very happy about that solution.

Hve fun on your trip. Where are you going?

The AKONA roller dufflebag. Handle, backpack straps (hideable), HUGE, wheels, handle. Read about it here. But support your LDS!!!!!!!!!:D

I have the Stahlsac XL as well. This is the "mercedes" of dive bags -- high quality, but high price. Also, like me, very large.

It is so big that it is not a bag I would recommend bringing on a dive charter boat. When I have used i it to travel, I bring a hockey-size duffel to bring on the boat. Kind of like the mother ship and the small shuttle.....;-)

http://www.stahlsac.com/front.html

Hmm that's something to keep in mind - big is good but some dive boats can be kind of crowded and an extremely large bag isn't ideal.

I don't have shares, but I have been shown a very large Aeris divebag with the features you require by my LDS recently. I believe they describe it as a 'deluxe cargo bag'.

It has two separable compartments (upper and lower) and a volume of 8,265 cu ins (whatever that means in lay terms). The two pieces can be used one at a time - or zipped together and moved on large, robust wheels. There are also abundant pockets, including an internally accessed reg pocket.

dimensions 29" x 15" x 19"

their website is http://www.diveaeris.com

Good luck with both bag buying and trip.

MN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom