Looking for Junior OW Instructor Rec near Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My almost 12-year-old son is very excited about SCUBA. We will be in Boynton Beach, FL from Dec. 22 through Jan 2 and I'd like him to get his Junior Open Water certification. If anyone can recommend an instructor, I would appreciate it. Agency doesn't matter as long as they don't teach on their knees. A private or semi-private class is fine.

If you are an instructor who is wary of kids, my son is 5'6" and a good swimmer, including with mask and fins. He's been through the SSI Science of Diving online course with me so he knows the theory and he would do the online stuff before we get there. FWIW, he's a sailor (he's sailing a 420 on Lake Michigan in the snow as I write this), so he can handle a bit of adversity without falling apart.

Hi @lowwall

Consider Maggie Birdwell at Stafish Scuba out of Boynton Harbor Marina. I believe she is very good with kids. You could also check with Boynton Beach Dive Center, they have several instructors I think highly of. I hope the dive conditions are conducive.

ANMP0272~2.jpg

Thanks @scubadada . We used Starfish Scuba and after a half day in the pool, an afternoon at Blue Heron Bridge (we saw a batfish) and a pair of very chilly dives this morning on the reef, we have a new Junior OW Diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom