Looking for infos on Dive Centers needing instructors in Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milkathecow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Mallorca - Illetas - balearic islands spain
hi,

does anyone have information on how it works to get a job in a dive center in Australia ? how much it pays, and basically if i could find a place for a non diver there too ?

i'm looking for info to somestage delocalize from europe (switzerland) to australia or Asia, so any valuable info would be really interesting ;o)

thanks a lot

Olivier

hi sydney_diver ;o)

sorry didn't really provide any bg information ;o)

i'm with PADI, as a OWSI level instructor (1st level) and would like to teach diving somewhere where my wife could work too, not as a diver, but somewhere where we could find someone to keep our daughter or "scholarize" her within her limits of 15 months of age.

The barrier reef side would be the most adequate for us i guess...

what are the work conditions in Australia like ? what papers do we need to be "official" and be able to work ?

So as i said, the place isn't really important, cairns, perth, or else, somewhere nice, friendly, i'm personally very family and friends oriented, so i guess a center where contact is an important point would be a place for me ;o)

I have dived and had all my experiences up to DM in Koh Tao Thailand, and loved the people and business, then came back to my sad reality in switzerland as a computer developper and creative designer ;o) to do my Instructor course 1 year after the DM in France (dived in the lake of Annecy and geneva, but am not really a cold water and no visibility fan).

if you have any info ;o) would be great thanks a lot ;o)

cheers
Olivier aka Milka

Queensland is your best bet
Cairns, Airlie, Townsville are the best places to get work for instructing, you will be able to pick up a job on the day boats pretty much straight away

Or Sydney, Any further south is too seasonal due to winter. Check out PADIs Pro section there are always plenty of jobs on the reef.

You will need to apply for an Australian work Visa for you and your wife, also a Queensland work cover approved first Aid Course, you cant teach without one, you can get that when are here.

Cairns would be your best spot for work for your wife; it is a really big town now. Hope you don’t mind the heat cause in summer it is HOT.

Try and get your MSDT before coming out the more courses you can teach the more cash you will get. Pay is not to bad and conditions are not too bad, depends who you get a job with. You have to be ready for huge hours if you get on the boats.

If you need any further information contact me via Email

Back
Top Bottom