Looking for ideas March 7-14 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I talked to work, the fiancee, did some more research, and I decided to switch my travel week and go June 13-20 on the Aquacat! Just put deposit down a few moments ago!

My fiancee and I are going to do a long weekend in March to see some friends in Florida, (Marco Island), so I will still get some sunshine, but probably won't dive.

My flight was 1/2 price in June as it would have been in March, and fiancee is gone the week in June on a trip with some girlfriends so it works out even better.

Thanks again everyone for your help, it was recommendations and research from here that helped me decide!

So I talked to work, the fiancee, did some more research, and I decided to switch my travel week and go June 13-20 on the Aquacat! Just put deposit down a few moments ago!

My fiancee and I are going to do a long weekend in March to see some friends in Florida, (Marco Island), so I will still get some sunshine, but probably won't dive.

My flight was 1/2 price in June as it would have been in March, and fiancee is gone the week in June on a trip with some girlfriends so it works out even better.

Thanks again everyone for your help, it was recommendations and research from here that helped me decide!

Sounds like a plan!

And the water will be warmer in July. I once went to the Bahamas in March for a dive trip and it was cold IMO.

You could bring mask, fins, and snorkel on your Marco Island trip. I remember having fun paddling around the shore and shoals and snorkeling in that area. You will see different sealife then you see in the Keys, but interesting - and you never know - a manatee or a dolphin might swim right by! But we haven't been to that area recently and I have read about the Red Tide and other stresses on the natural habitat, so do some research first.

Thanks Kathy, I was planning on bringing the mask/snorkel. We love to collect shells, I have good luck snorkeling and finding some good stuff not normally seen from the shore. (always vacant, of course)

We usually do a boat day and tool around back in the mangroves, and I see there is a dive shop on Marco.... may have to give them a call and see what they offer!

I would not say its diamonds that is shining off that rock :)

Good one! It can definitely glisten in the sun above the surface too..

@Redfoot, thanks for considering Caribbean Explorer II for your holiday!

We have 4 spaces left on Caribbean Explorer II for March 7-10th, 2020. Booking a space before Feb 14th allows you to grab our Year of Savings early booking offer of a $600 USD discount. This makes the trip $1595 USD. On Caribbean Explorer II's itinerary, you'll have the opportunity to visit three volcanic Caribbean islands each with a large diversity of dive sites. As mentioned by previous posters, the vessel is a bit older, however the pricing reflects this and the variety of sites and optional land tours more than makes up for it. It's a comfortable vessel, has excellent food, and an energetic and helpful crew. Did you know it's also the only liveaboard that is Green Fins certified? (Green Fins is the only internationally recognized environmental standards for dive and snorkel operators, established through a partnership between United Nations (UN) Environment and The Reef-World Foundation).

Here's a great video on Caribbean Explorer II, please do let us know if you have any questions. Email us here: info@explorerventures.com. Hope this helps!

I have a question for you, is there good diving around Nevis and have you ever visited that tiny island? We sailed by Nevis when we were diving St. Kitts on the Caribbean Explorer but I have never visited the island. I've gotten curious about it ever since I learned that it was the colonial birthplace and early home of Alexander Hamilton.

I have become intrigued with that Founding Father ever since I read a biography of Alexander Hamilton and saw the stage production of Hamilton. And I have just read that Disney plans to release a filming of the Broadway show in movie theaters, so more US Citizens are likely to become curious about this interesting historical figure.

I was wondering if we should try to visit Nevis if we ever find ourselves in that part of the world again, and so I would like to know more about the island and the diving. Thanks!

I have a question for you, is there good diving around Nevis and have you ever visited that tiny island? We sailed by Nevis when we were diving St. Kitts on the Caribbean Explorer but I have never visited the island. I've gotten curious about it ever since I learned that it was the colonial birthplace and early home of Alexander Hamilton.

I have become intrigued with that Founding Father ever since I read a biography of Alexander Hamilton and saw the stage production of Hamilton. And I have just read that Disney plans to release a filming of the Broadway show in movie theaters, so more US Citizens are likely to become curious about this interesting historical figure.

I was wondering if we should try to visit Nevis if we ever find ourselves in that part of the world again, and so I would like to know more about the island and the diving. Thanks!

Hi Kathy,

Unfortunately, we stop at Nevis very infrequently, due to time pressures to keep our liveaboard's itinerary. There is some great diving available at Nevis though. DiveNevis.com is a good resource!

Last year we explored the nearby islands of Redonda and Montserrat. Scuba Radio was onboard, you might find his episode interesting. The ScubaRadio broadcast is here: www.scubaradio.com

Our announcement was here: Discover Redonda and Montserrat with ScubaRadio - Explorer Ventures

Back
Top Bottom