looking for good dive in Nassau in spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveC426913

Registered
Reaction score
I'm cruising to Nassau this spring. We make port on March 1 for the day. I would like to get in a morning of some great diving.

The Cruise line offers this 2-tank dive but I want to ensure I get the best dive(s) I can. And I'd rather avoid diving with a group of 1-hour-trained "death-wish" divers.

I'm an intermediate diver, with 30+ dives over 4 years but virtually all my diving is in freshwater (low viz, low temp. full gear, etc.)

Advice?

The two diveops on Nassau are Stuart Cove's and Bahamas Divers. SC will pick you up in the general area of the cruise port and shuttle you down to their facility on the south end of New Providence. They may be who the cruise line is booking with as they do that also. Stuart Cove's - Cruise Ship Transfers

Bahama Divers is located at the bridge to Paradise Island so much closer if you're going to do your own arrangements. But they leave around 8AM so it will depend on when your ship docks. Their website seems to be under construction now: Bahama Divers but there's contact info here: Bahamas Diving Association

Pro's/Con's of both operations can be found in other posts here. My choice would be Bahama Divers given that SC's "fleet" consists of 10 boats - but others have posted good experiences with them.

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Alas, Stuart's Cove has a departure time of 8AM, the same time as I make port. They say they can't wait.

Bahama Divers usually does an afternoon dive. They're only about a mile east of the cruise port. I thought I read somewhere that Stuart Cove's does a 10-10:30 pickup also. But that might be pushing it on the return, there's one main road and there can be traffic.

I went on a Carnival Ship last January to Nausau. I looked at booking with the two dive operators there and timing was tough. I booked with the ship on their scuba dive excersion for certified divers. There was 4 of us. The only problem was 6-10 foot seas. I had booked a 2 tank dive and we only did one dive in the harbor where it was a lot calmer. They refunded the unused dive back to my account.

So I would just recommend doing the dives the ship offers. Then the timing works out and they come and get you right at the ship. Also they work with the ships schedule. It was a good operation also, we had fun on the harbor dive. They have a LST that is sunk we dove on, lots of fish. I was disappointed about the weather and not doing the Bond wreck, but as they say "poop occurs"

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom