Looking for Focus light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi back again! Bought an orca focus light which works for a while then can only be switched on by turning the head, then not even that works. After a day or 2 out of the water it starts to work partly. Leaks via push button and from around front as well. Cleaned it twice and still the same.

Any ideas on a decent focus light safe to 40m (never going there again). Need wide beam and reduce output ie -50%. Switch that doesn't leak and red option would be good. Zero leaks would be good. Hate buying replacements for what should work in the first place!

Final thought, why are so many dive lights under $150 rubbish! Is it that hard to make something water proof?

I have 3 flashlights from DGX ranging from 30$-100$, each has around 50 Dives and never had any problems with them.

Good build quality and pretty bright.

The only complaint i would have is the operating time, on my Main flash light its only around 1 hour. (Which shouldn't be too much of a problem if you bring spare batteries and switch between dives.

the AMP is OK, but not anywhere near a focus light. I would recommend the Kraken 1000. Wide and spot, 1000 lumens and $189 so not too pricey.
Bill

Thanks guys will look at those. Went looking for the paperwork for the dive light and cannot find it. So I might be giving Orca a bad name. When I couldn't find it I started to think I might have the name wrong.

Looked up the symbol on the light and it is a DGX gears. Many apologies to Orca.

Just bought a BigBlue VP1200 with tail switch. Many good referals and on special in Australia. Hope this one is OK.
Sorry guys could not find most of your rec's and the Kraken Bill mentioned is close to $400 in Australia. Bought BB 1200 for 130 + shipping so just under $100 US inc shipping.

If the big blue turns out to be a dud try the below

I have been diving the laluz L1000 for a few hundred dives now and still works like the day it was new. Bullet proof design, dual oring, push button, red filter

upload_2019-6-15_11-19-35.png

Thanks Chris but this does not seem to be on sale in Australia and after my first purchase leaked and bought from USA, I prefer to buy local for guarantee and shipping cost reasons.

No worries mate
They are deifnately on sale for aussies and I used paypal for buyer protection. I have 2 and both are bullet proof

Chris are you talking about Laluz or bigblue? Google is useless in finding what you want they give you what they want to sell! Where did you buy them from? I used Afterpay(APT) on the BB as I own some shares in the company. APT seem to be going well in the USA for an Aussie company....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom