Looking for fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pico Perfect

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for recommendations for new fins. Attached is a pic of the Aqua Lung Caravelle fins I currently have. These fins require a boot and have a strap over the heel. I'm interested in a slip on style (like snorkeling find, to my understanding) and something that doesn't fatigue my legs as much.

Please share find I should research and consider.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_194513235.jpg
    IMG_20200823_194513235.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 46
Speaking of Scubapro and "slip-on style" fins, this is the model in the company's range I prefer:
609001_primary.jpg

Strap-free, easy on the feet and legs, snorkelling-friendly, sizes up to US 15. I have a pair I use for snorkelling and they fit so well that I almost forget I am wearing them. But, hey, that's me, I've snorkelled since the 1960s and I prefer classic designs when it comes to fins; "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" has served me well as a philosophy in life. Fins are very personal items of gear and the priorities when it comes to full-foots are fit and performance, in that order. Some pairs are narrow-fitting, particularly so in the case of long-bladed freediving fins, which can lead to cramping for the broader-footed when used over protracted periods in the water. Others come with wider foot pockets, which may cause oversized fins to fall off unless fin grips are worn. Important therefore to try on closed-heel fins before purchase and over socks or thin boots if you intend wearing either with them. In the case of open-toed full-foots, check how far your toes protrude through the toe openings. Ideally, the foot pocket should accommodate your entire foot, including the toes. If your toes do project beyond the end of the foot pocket, be aware that they may, eventually, cause the top of the toe opening to tear away from the bottom as a result of the fin flexing in use. I should add that the Scubapro Rubber Full Foot Fin illustrated above comes with a long enough foot pocket to accommodate the whole foot, while cheaper models tend to skimp on length, shortening service life in the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom