Looking for feedback on the Genesis ReSource Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_tacoma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,
I am looking for a puck computer as a back up and would like to know yalls thoughts on the Genesis reliability. Do you think that I can get 300+ dives or 3 years or more out of a brand new one?

I understand that puck computers do not have the most reliability but just curious where this one falls on the spectrum. I can't trust any puck computer from scubapro more than like 100 dives. Is this genises any better? I am not really concerned about the interface but the reliability? I will pro

Thanks in advance for your time.

it is made by PPS i believe, same as oceanic. they are considered reasonably reliable, although like all dive computers, they can suffer from the pressure sensor dying which is usually the main impediment to getting a long service life out of them.

PPS? So is my post in he wrong place?

I have had some good luck with oceanic computers.

Not so much the scubapro pucks. They could have been more useful as paper weights, hockey pucks or door stoppers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom